Weighing yourself everyday?

Options
Does anyone else do this? I have lost almost 70 lbs and I am OBSESSED with the scale. I know what your thinking, just get rid of it! Well, I live with two room mates and it belongs to the one I share a bathroom with, and she refuses to take it out. If it is in sight, I have no self control, and i am beginning to have an unhealthy relationship with it. I used to only weight myself every Saturday, but once I started whole30 and the weight came off quickly, that was when I became obsessed and can’t stop weighing myself. Most of the time, it helps to keep me motivated, but sometimes it just pisses me off when I gain or don’t lose and I know I’ve done everything right. I can’t be the only one?!?!?

Replies

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    First - congrats on weight loss! I seen this thread and thought I could reply - This happened to me in 2013 / 14 while I lost over 100 pounds. I too was obsessed with the scales. My mood was affected by the weigh in. If my weight was down - I was energized, positive, etc. If the weight was up, I was anxious. As this progressed, I became obsessed with weighing even less and less. I was also bulimic and was put off work and entered therapy to get well and cleared to return to work. The first time I met the therapist, she insisted that I immediately cease weighing. 3 years later, I can now weigh on occasion and I can maintain a healthy weight through a healthy diet and exercise.

Since you believe it has become an obsession, I would encourage you to try to stop. And maybe even talk to a friend, a doctor, or someone that might be able to assist with this obsession. Your Doctor would probably want to explore if you have a tendency for obsessive behavior with other things.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but don't get hung up on the number. It's simply a piece of data (fluctuating data at that!). I track in a trending app that evens out the fluctuations and shows a general trend.
  • emily_jade00
    emily_jade00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I weigh myself multiple times a day, and if the number is higher than I like, it ruins my whole day! I don't want to get rid of mine because I find if I don't weigh at all, I overeat or binge. I just have to cut back on it. I hope you find a solution.