Samsung step Calories zeroed by more excercise

Options
If you do any more exercise or manually add workouts , your calories earned from walking are zeroed! This is a simple calculation glitch which can be easily fixed.

Since it's been broken for over 6 months and MFP haven't bothered .. I switched to LIFESUM.

Is anyone else getting this issue ?!

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Same thing with Apple Watch- lol
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can't get my step counts for my gearfit 2 to register. I just assumed it wasn't compatible with the site, which is kind of a bummer.
  • charlie00134
    charlie00134 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is driving me mad too. I do a 20 min run and lose all the calories for my steps
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Curious if really seeing the same issue as Apple has - or seeing the way it should correctly work?

Apple's issue is it sends over a calories burned figure which is just the sedentary level - it doesn't include extra activity above or exercise.

But MFP is expected a TOTAL daily calories burned, to do math with to correct itself.

So when the Apple sends a workout over, MFP is expecting that the total calories burned contains that workout - so it removes it from the total before doing math.
    But Apple doesn't.

So if Samsung is doing the same - the issue is with Samsung - the MFP API's are very clear as to what they are expecting and the majority of trackers seem to have the ability to send correctly.

Perhaps Pacer app would work with Samsung too, as it does Apple.
    It knows how to add base, extra, and exercise together and send a total that means total.

But there is another effect possible, that can happen.

MFP is already expecting a certain amount of daily activity and calorie burn. Say 2000.
    If Samsung said you burned 2100, and then send over a 200 cal workout also - it means that outside of the workout - you only burned 1900, 100 less than expected.

Samsung 2100 - MFP 2000 - 200 workout = neg 100 adjustment.

base eating goal say 1500 + 200 workout - 100 adjustment = 1600 eating goal.

Still 500 cal deficit, but before the workout was added the adjustment would have been positive, or bigger could be the case.

The end result is the same though.