NSV at the gym

Options
swordsmith
swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
When I first started out at the gym being the 305 pound behemoth that I was I could barely do 10 minutes on the treadmill. Now 4 months later 60 mins on an elliptical and "wailing on my pecs" for another 45 minutes (i.e. strength training) with my personal trainer is now the norm. Since then I've dropped about 45 pounds and have started to get noticeable muscle definition again.

The NSV was in the locker room this morning. One of the really hard bodied, cut and carved lifters stopped me as I came in and complimented me. He said "I had you pegged as tourist who would be gone in 3 days. I was wrong and wanted to say I've been seeing you these last few months working your *kitten* off and it is very noticeable. Keep it up as your doing great."

Yeah- I was ear-to-ear grin. That was very nice of him and I'm grateful for it.

Replies

• xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    its always a huge boost when others notice!! :bigsmile:

keep it up x
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! Way to go for sticking with it and being an inspiration to others. :)
  • Raebug123
    Raebug123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That really is an awesome NSV, and the fact that someone stepped up admitted there mistake on underestimating you and then complimented you what could be better than that!!! Keep up the great work
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!! You are motivation to the rest of us! Keep up the good work!
  • RamblingRo
    RamblingRo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome compliment!
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    I know it felt awesome, especially coming from him :wink:

Much continued success with your weightloss journey, your doing great!!! Cheers to you :drinker:
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    WOW - What a lovely comment to make!! Keep it up!! :-)
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    That was really decent of him to stop and say that to you. Makes such a difference when people notice and compliment you.

You have done brilliant, keep it up!
  • adurfee
    adurfee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Your hard work is inspirational! Keep it up. :glasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!