307lbs - 292lbs in 4 weeks the journey begins

Options
I'm new here and taking all the Advice I can get in overweight and this is the first time I take this seriously right now I'm only tracking calories attempting to sat under 1600 per day any suggestions are welcome thank you

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,736 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :)
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Read the stickies.
    What did mfp give you for losing 2lbs a week?
    1600 is likely too low for you
    Get a food scale use it weigh everything you can.
    Sticking with it makes a better difference that 4 weeks of crash diet.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What @amtyrell said is right on the money. I've gone from the 280s to the 250s just counting calories and aiming toward a 500 calorie daily deficit (the equivalent of 1 pound a week). Slow and steady wins this race for sure!
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    first welcome, second I've been on mfp for years I like the tracking it helps me plan and holds me accountable. also mfp helps you to be mindful of what you have eaten and how much movement you have done. be sure to move more and log that as well, and stay hydrated this will also help to consume less. I am a cookie lover and refuse to give that up so I make sure to hit the gym so I can have one or two from time to time. I guess the best thing to do is not get overwhelmed and to not beat yourself up if you don't see the scale move as fast as you would like. feel free to add me for support.