Developed a love for yoga

Options
I love yoga, but my only introduction to it has been with the Nike fit app. I’m worried that my posture and positions might not be correct, but I live in a rural area with NO workout facility or personal trainers.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene on Youtube. I love her.
  • shyam_jha
    shyam_jha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    are you interested in asanas, pranayam, meditation or all 3? Asanas and Pranayam can be started easily using youtube
  • letsdothiskaren
    letsdothiskaren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What about a DVD?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    I also live in an area with no yoga classes available. I use dvds as my internet can be spotty and nothing is worse than trying to do yoga and then right in the middle of a position it starts buffering. I have several of the elements dvds. I have gotten them from Walmart and off Amazon. I usually watch the dvd at least once to make sure I understand the positions. The dvds with Tamal Dodge are quite good. He really explains what he is doing and they are for beginners so there are modifications if needed.
  • hammycakes
    hammycakes Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    dailyom.com has a beginner program that I'm considering. pay what you will for 21 lessons that you download and keep.
  • ButterflyFarmer
    ButterflyFarmer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yoga With Adriene is wonderful! She has so many videos. Her foundations of flow and yoga for beginners series will definitely give you a good start. I'm making my way through a 30 day challenge series of her videos at the moment. Best of luck!