Bariatric Surgery Support Central - Help!

Options
Hi,
I'm about 3 weeks away from undergoing the sleeve bariatric surgery. This was not a quick fix as I have spent 20 years gaining and losing but steadily going up the scale. I've investigated the surgery 3 times prior to this time - once backing out just weeks before (because I'd lost some weight during the 6 months regime). I'm proud and excited I will be doing this. I am mentally and physically ready for this. What I'm looking for are some friends to join me in a quest for a healthier lifestyle. Personally I want to lose about 85 pounds. This will put me at a healthy BMI which is my goal for the next year. But I know the hard part will be maintaining. If you've had this surgery or are close to having it I would love to hear from you! I would love to support you in your journey as well. We can be healthy together!

Replies

• melissaglover5823
    melissaglover5823 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi send me a friend request! I was sleeved in 2014
  • Barbzilla
    Barbzilla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just got sleeved Oct. 6. No regrets!
  • tinawalters
    tinawalters Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No, it’s not a quick fix and it’s not the easy way out, but I can say it’s a great way to get healthy! Add me!!!
  • melissaglover5823
    melissaglover5823 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nothing easy about it. You have to make lifestyle changes . One day at a time , one pound at a time. You are on the right path just keep moving forward.
  • AprilTram
    AprilTram Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    munchysmom wrote: »
    I am mentally and physically ready for this.

This is the BIG part !!! It does challenge you mentally & physically at times.. I was so glad my Insurance made me go through the 6 months of classes and do all the test, including a Psych Eval.. Even though I questioned myself daily and knew in my heart I was making the right choice for me.. So excited to be living my new life now.. SD 10/05/2017
  • Marma802
    Marma802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    munchysmom wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm about 3 weeks away from undergoing the sleeve bariatric surgery. This was not a quick fix as I have spent 20 years gaining and losing but steadily going up the scale. I've investigated the surgery 3 times prior to this time - once backing out just weeks before (because I'd lost some weight during the 6 months regime). I'm proud and excited I will be doing this. I am mentally and physically ready for this. What I'm looking for are some friends to join me in a quest for a healthier lifestyle. Personally I want to lose about 85 pounds. This will put me at a healthy BMI which is my goal for the next year. But I know the hard part will be maintaining. If you've had this surgery or are close to having it I would love to hear from you! I would love to support you in your journey as well. We can be healthy together!

Hi! I had the RNY on October 9, 2017. Friend me and we can work through it together! Good luck on your surgery!
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 years out. It's not easy to maintain, I've regained but I absolutely would do it again. I'm working taking off about 40 lbs again but I know I can do it.
  • munchysmom
    munchysmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback! It’s helping me already. If you commented I’ve sent you a friend request (unless you beat me to it). Tomorrow is my last day of “normal” eating. Then I begin the 2 week before surgery regime with hospital food and 800 calories a day. Scared to death of this part!!!
  • missxjules14
    missxjules14 Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was sleeved in June 2016. Was 28st 2lb at my heaviest. Post op it was discovered that my weight problem was down to cushings disease. I have managed to lose 13st 3lb so far even with this disease. Hoping for more after my next operation to cure cushings. Being sleeved is very difficult. Your relationship with food is changed forever. Your hormones are all over the place and the stress of losing my hair was something nothing could have prepared me for. Would I do it again? Probably not but it is what it is and I am making the most of it x
  • munchysmom
    munchysmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I really appreciate the open and honest answer. Best of luck to you as you continue your journey.