Another update!!

Options
Manda86
Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
There are probably several of you that aren't familiar with J and I's story - we met on MFP, and after spending hours (and hours) talking on the phone, decided to meet in person. He flew to Texas to meet me, and within two weeks, I was packing everything I owned into my car and driving to the mountains of northwest North Carolina to be with the love of my life. Fast forward 9 months later, and we did it! We tied the knot! I am so excited to be beginning my life with someone that is not only my best friend, but my partner. Never thought I'd meet the man I'm spending the rest of my life with on a fitness website. :laugh:

*HUGS*

Mrs. J

Replies

• Manda86
    Options
    There are probably several of you that aren't familiar with J and I's story - we met on MFP, and after spending hours (and hours) talking on the phone, decided to meet in person. He flew to Texas to meet me, and within two weeks, I was packing everything I owned into my car and driving to the mountains of northwest North Carolina to be with the love of my life. Fast forward 9 months later, and we did it! We tied the knot! I am so excited to be beginning my life with someone that is not only my best friend, but my partner. Never thought I'd meet the man I'm spending the rest of my life with on a fitness website. :laugh:

*HUGS*

Mrs. J
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I've only been here about 5 weeks, so I don't remember you guys... but that is such a cool story!

Congratulations:bigsmile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    congratulations again!!!!!! You better post wedding pix honney!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! :drinker:
  • Manda86
    Options
    Well, there aren't really wedding pix per se... lol... J and I are both too practical to justify spending thousands of dollars on a wedding ceremony that would probably stress me out, so we eloped. :smile: We picked a day, and the day before asked a couple that we're friends with to meet us at the magistrate's office... everybody knew we were engaged, but didn't realize the 'big day' would be so soon :happy: I do have a couple pictures from after, when we told his parents, and I'll see if I can post one of those. In lieu of a ceremony, we're having a big family get together in the summer, when it's nice enough to be outside. As for our honeymoon, we're trying to save for a trip overseas - I just got a new job (I've been waiting tables since I moved here in June) doing business to business collections that pays quite a bit more than my old one, so it's feasible if we pinch our pennies (and I can pinch the heck out of a penny!!).

I still haven't adjusted to being a Mrs., although it thrills me when he introduces me as his wife. :bigsmile:
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dreams really do come true! I was here all along and followed your story. Wish you would both come back and post a little more often. I looked forward to reading your posts and Jeremy provided alot of good info. Miss you both. Congratulations and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.
    Karen
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both. :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Mrs. Sargent Invincible! :wink:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Panda bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!

yourwedding.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Wow-- congrats to you both!!!!!!!!

Wishing you much joy!!:flowerforyou:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    that's a totally cool story! Congrats!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Just saw this!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Congrats!!! blowkiss.gif:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

*HUGS*

Mrs. J

WOW..you gave me goosebumps!! congrats!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Oh Congratulations you guys!!! I was just up in Boone last month. Shoot, I am totally gonna have to come up and meet you sometime. I'll be up for the Highland Games this year. :wink: I am so excited for you both! CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Best wishes to the both of you. 25.gif Really wish you two would post more often....y'all made me laugh often and the advice given was always good.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh Manda congratulations to you both! I'm so happy for you and Jeremy. I hope God blesses the two of you with many years of happiness as husband and wife. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Way cool!!! I saw an entry the other day that said from the two j's and I was wondering if it was official.
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    congrats you guys :bigsmile:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou: