Where do I start?

Options
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's earlier this year, and Celiac Disease this week. I’m so overwhelmed and tired (both mentally and physically). I don’t even know where to begin. I know I need to lose weight to feel better. But, I feel like I don’t know which way is up anymore. It’s like I don’t know what I can and can’t eat, so I am out of control and eating everything. Any help or insight for where I should begin this journey would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, eat less. Not too little. Eat the amount of calories MFP gave you when you signed up, assuming you entered your stats correctly and weightloss as your goal. For celiac disease, avoid gluten (which is found in wheat, rye and barley) like the plague. Stick to those two things. Yes, you'd have to elaborate on it - cook more, read labels, log correctly, weigh everything, but basically, just eat less and avoid gluten.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Physician's assisted diet. Consult the experts. Join a support group specifically for your situation. Use MFP to track your intake.

"KEEP CALM AND CONTROL YOUR INTAKE"
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yikes, you definitely have quite the hurdles ahead of you.
    For now I say just breathe and allow time for that to sink in, then hit it head on. If you go into something already in a daze more than likely you'll just end up dizzier than when you began.
    But to get you on the right track I really think finding a nutritionist or some sort of doctor to get you started will be incredibly helpful, especially since you have a uniquer case.
    Good luck on this my friend!