Need ideas for snack food

Options
does anyone have any ideas for some good snacks

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Where are you? What sort of things do you like?

No doubt you'll get lots of people saying almonds, fruit, avocados, etc....but it depends on what you actually like!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Light string cheese, baby carrots with natural peanut butter for dipping, raw almonds, pecans or cashews.
  • deenanna
    deenanna Posts: 39
    Options
    Quaker fiber crisps. They sound nasty, but they taste like a rainbow exploding on your taste buds. Personally I like the blueberry flavor best, but my best friend says the pomegranate is best.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    I just had
    celery + peanut butter + craisins

which i hadnt had in over a decade

it was sooooooooooooooooooooo good

:flowerforyou:
  • amwat
    amwat Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in Connecticut just looking for something different other than carrots.
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    today i had a quaker lightly salted rice cake, spread with a little f/f cream cheese, and a dab of s/f jam. Crunchy and sweet.
  • gloria581
    gloria581 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 calorie snacks. I keep some at home and some at my desk at work. I have granola bars (favs are oatmeal raisin and peanut butter and chocolate), crackers and cookies. I also try to buy a lot of fruit. Watermelon is my current favorite because I can eat a ton of it and it has so little calories AND it satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Quick snacks try: Fiber Plus Chocolate Chip or Coconut-Caramel (my favorite) and only 120 calories but it will get you through the hungry times when starting your weight loss. Also Skinny Cow Peanut Butter is awesome and only 110 calories, and Nature Valley Granola Thins Peanut Butter is my favorite.

Try to keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge. They make a great all-protein snack. :smile:
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I love have baby carrots or celery with hummus or a handful of almonds.
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    I also suggest the 100 calorie snacks.
    I like that they are pre-portioned and ready to go.
    Keep some fruits and raw veggies handy.
    Strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon.
    My favorite is banana chips, they are my new love.
  • amwat
    amwat Posts: 10
    Options
    Eggs are ok?