Best recipe for egg muffin cups

Options
2bassets
2bassets Posts: 193 Member
I was wondering which way is the easiest way to make them. To spray the tins or not. How long do they last in the fridge. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If it's a metal pan, I'd spray it. Once eggs stick, they stick! I'm not sure how long in the fridge. It would depend on temperature of the fridge, how often it's opened and in what they are stored.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I spray my metal muffin pan and put my hand in a plastic sandwich baggie to spread the oil I sprayed over every inch of those holes so the egg won’t stick. I’m not sure how long they stay in the fridge but they freeze very well. I put mine straight in the freezer (after they have cooled of course) and heat two of them up in the microwave each morning for a min and a half. Turns out perfect every time!
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Definitely spray the pans! Eggs are notorious for sticking! You can also spray and then "line" each tin with a piece of deli meat or bacon/turkey bacon-whatever your preference before pouring the egg mixture in.

I've made them and they'll last several days in the fridge or longer in the freezer of course
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I learned this lesson of sticking eggs last week! I thought I had sprayed the muffin tin enough, but wow, I had to scrape them out!

My recipe (first time I made muffin cups) was Ore Ida O'brien potatoes, crumbled cooked sausage, and cheddar cheese, then enough egg to cover up to the rim of the cups. They came out very tasty. Next time I might use some green onion/chive as well, just for a pop of oniony flavor.
  • telhajj44
    telhajj44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Buy a silicone muffin pan.. spray with a non stick and they pop right out and the silicone pan cleans up easy... eggs will last 5 days in fridge!!
  • ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a Demerele brand silicon muffin mold. I don't even have to spray it , they pop right out. I made the mistake of using metal once :s
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I make them in a metal pan. I spray it with cooking oil and I line the cup with a strip of thin sliced bacon. They usually pop right out.

They keep for several days in the refrigerator.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I use a silicone muffin pan, spray oil, sit on cookie sheet. I make on Sunday, eat them through the work week for breakfast.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Most web sites/blogs will tell you anywhere from 3-5 days refrigerated.

I've been known to keep Fritata wedges/slices for up to a week, without ill effect.

And as others have said, eggs freeze well, so if your concerned, put them away and take out the day before use. I batch cook meals for breakfast and lunch each week, and rotate the products thru the freezer and then into the refrigerator as I want to use them ( in the fridge to defrost the night before ).

I use a canola oil spray for my pans, when baking with eggs, to prevent sticking.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    I spray the muffin tins. I tried using the paper liners once and the paper stuck to the muffins. I always freeze mine but they should last 3-5 days in the fridge.