Air popped popcorn

Options
Does anyone know where I can get this in the UK? I would love a little snack of this :smile:

Replies

• vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get this in the UK? I would love a little snack of this :smile:
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't know about buying the actual air popped popcorn, but I make mine with an air popper at home. Cheap and easy. I would think you could find an air popper in the UK, but if not there is always Amazon.com!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I believe John Lewis sells a popcorn popper bowl you can get for the microwave, and you can pop your own that way, or do what the other poster said and get an air popper for yourself.

I would not bother trying to find air-popped popcorn in the UK - anything they have would be loaded with preservatives.
  • debbiernbsn
    Options
    Another thing you can try is placing plain popcorn kernels in a plain brown paper bag (about 2 tablespoons), stapling it shut with two staples (this small amount of metal does not affect the microwave) and place it in the microwave for a couple of minutes or until fully popped.

It's easy and you don't have to worry about a lot of preservatives or chemicals. We add a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!. My kids love it!!:smile:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Another thing you can try is placing plain popcorn kernels in a plain brown paper bag (about 2 tablespoons), stapling it shut with two staples (this small amount of metal does not affect the microwave) and place it in the microwave for a couple of minutes or until fully popped.

It's easy and you don't have to worry about a lot of preservatives or chemicals. We add a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!. My kids love it!!:smile:

hehe are there any preservatives and chemicals in "I cant believe it's not butter" lol, just thought that was funny.

I miss air popcorn, we used to have it all the time as a kid... I guess air poppers are making a comeback!
  • debbiernbsn
    Options

hehe are there any preservatives and chemicals in "I cant believe it's not butter" lol, just thought that was funny.

I miss air popcorn, we used to have it all the time as a kid... I guess air poppers are making a comeback!

There has been a lot of research indicating that the bags that are used for microwave popcorn contain a lot of harmful chemicals . . . a lot worse than the ones found in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. The chemicals in the microwave popcorn bags have also been known to cause fires in microwaves. I guess you have to choose your evils. hehe
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I once blew up a microwave with a bag of the microwaveable popcorn.

The brown bag doesn't even have to be stapled, just folded over, but do watch it as it can also catch fire if left.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    speaking of blowing things up with a microwave.... dont ever heat up a boiled egg in the microwave and then poke it with a fork without letting it cool a bit first... they tend to explode quite aggressively.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    speaking of blowing things up with a microwave.... dont ever heat up a boiled egg in the microwave and then poke it with a fork without letting it cool a bit first... they tend to explode quite aggressively.
    I did that when I was a kid..I swear it hissed and then BAM..all over the kitchen
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    I use the lunch paper bag in the microwave and it works perfectly ... then I toss it (about 3c. popped) with parmesan cheese & greek seasoning ... nummy.

I also have and air popper that works really well for bigger batches.
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Thanks everyone :flowerforyou: now to find some kernels ... yummo!!