What kind of candy are you handing out?

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
For me Jolly Ranchers. Lol, I don't want to get "stuck" with a bunch of Snickers lying all over the house.
Plus if it's a kid that I don't like from the school that I yard duty at and they show up at my house...............................I can just give them 1.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping at least one person will respond to this thread with "Toothbrushes" or some other lame treat that will undoubtedly lead to them getting TP'd.

Raisins!

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I always hand out pencils and candy. Last night it was pencils, tattoos, caramel apple milky way, take 5, kit Kat and twix. Probably 40% of the kids reach for the pencils first. It surprises me every year.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Kids don't come to my house. I may go to my Grandmama's and hand out candy as tradition begs... We usually give out stuff like lollipops, pixie sticks, and bubble gum.

And anyone who looks to be older than 16 who shows up with no costume or eye contact gets a job application.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    Options
    Kids don't come to my house. I may go to my Grandmama's and hand out candy as tradition begs... We usually give out stuff like lollipops, pixie sticks, and bubble gum.

And anyone who looks to be older than 16 who shows up with no costume or eye contact gets a job application.

im not coming to grandmama those are lame candies

You're a lame candy!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Everyone who comes to my door will receive a copy of this pamphlet and a sterilized apple.

nwg68tl8zp9w.jpeg

• iamthemotherofdogs
    Options

You're a lame candy!

:D:D:D well dogmomma tell grandmama put some chocolate in that basket

There's chocolate but I don't hand it out, I eat it.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Last year I threw candy corn at people. This year, mini chocolate bars. "Chocolate raaaaiiinnn"
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just giving back to the community.

watchtower_july_2002_hell.png
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Where I live now no kids around so it's quite .

quite what?

Yes I’m curious too
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I'm working, so Im not responsible for candy or treats this year. I made sure to tell my dad not to buy bags with 3 musketeers. Nobody likes them, as proof from the previous years of leftover treats.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't have any funny repertoire, but I'm handing out m&m's, snickers, m&m caramels, reese's, skittles, nerds, milky way, etc. All the good stuff. Only problem is it's supposed to be cold and rainy. I bought extra bags this year too....some kids may be getting a big haul if there aren't as many tot-ers as usual.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    Options
    I don't have any funny repertoire, but I'm handing out m&m's, snickers, m&m caramels, reese's, skittles, nerds, milky way, etc. All the good stuff. Only problem is it's supposed to be cold and rainy. I bought extra bags this year too....some kids may be getting a big haul if there aren't as many tot-ers as usual.

So do you need my mailing address, or...?
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't want the candy in my house, so I hand out glow necklaces. The kids get enough candy on my street anyway.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I don't want the candy in my house, so I hand out glow necklaces. The kids get enough candy on my street anyway.

If everyone thought like that, then your street would be pretty bright.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Trick or treat night was last night in our town. Kids don't come to our part of town but stay more toward the center where there are more houses and businesses close together giving out things.

I got peanut butter cups for our household.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,036 Member
    Options
    Reeses PB cups, Almond Joy, Hersheys, Kit-Kats, Snickers, Butterfingers, Baby Ruths.

My rule is I don't eat any candy on Halloween. But I set aside ONE of each kind of candy and get to eat them the day after. :p That way I don't overdo it. If there's any other candy left DH gets it. But there probably won't be much leftover since DH will be eating some this evening and we get lots of trick or treaters. Hopefully we don't run out of candy and I have to give out some of my set-aside stash. If I must I will, but not to any teenagers who come by not wearing a costume!
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

If everyone thought like that, then your street would be pretty bright.

They don't think like that. That is why kids leave our street with multiple grocery bags full of candy in their hands. They don't miss not getting any candy from me.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Whatever the mister bought. I'm purposefully staying away, but I know it'll be good. Last year full size candy bars were involved. I also saw a bucket of glow-in-the-dark vampire teeth in the entryway this morning.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

WHAT?! Pixie sticks are the BEST