New to the board, 6 weeks in with results

Options
Hi everyone! Went to the Dr for the first time in 4 yrs. She even had to accept me as a new patient all over again. :'( I guess I just didn’t want to know the truth, the truth that I had let myself go. At 51 I am officially in the obese range. I haven’t even owned a scale in 20 years. The truth is, I had to be honest with myself to even begin to get in the mindset to lose weight. So I stopped on the way home and bought a scale. I started meditating everyday and cutting my calorie intake back to 1200 a day, got an Apple Watch, new running shoes and started walking on my treadmill 50 minutes per day while staying in a heart range between 116-126 at my Drs advice. I never broke a sweat I also felt like I could do the workout all over again. At the end of the week, I was down 2 lbs. so far I have lost a total of 13.9 lbs. my goal is 50.

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! Keep up the great work :)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I got an Apple watch recently too, and I love it! It's been fun linking it to my spouse and sister's so we can all encourage each other to get those last few move points. Keep it up!
  • robinbrooksparker
    robinbrooksparker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I love my Apple Watch too! My husband got on at the same time. He’s been in the military for almost 20 years and needs a little extra help to continue to pass his yearly PT