Newbie from Ohio

Options
Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself...I'm a 50 year old female from northeast Ohio. I used to be pretty fit until I had a baby in my 40's and was also diagnosed with a form of Muscular Dystrophy. I can no longer run, jump, or do anything that requires balance. I'm able to walk at a moderate pace and ride a stationary bike. I also have a 4' deep, 24' round above ground pool that I swim circles in, lol! I need to lose 50 lbs. and would appreciate any suggestions for cardio exercises I can do. I really like the food and exercise diaries...it's great to have someone else do the calculations and it gives me incentive to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Thank you for providing such a wonderful service! :smile:

Crazy4Ja

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    hello - 55 and cincinnati here - welcome
  • shannybell
    shannybell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • love4sparkles
    Options
    welcome :)
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies! Nice to meet you!
  • AHEALTHYAKA
    AHEALTHYAKA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm not in Ohio now but I grew up in the Toledo/Bowling Green area and my folks are still there. Swimming...even in circles :)...is one of the best forms of exercise you can do because it combines cardio with strength in a single activity. If you combine that with walking you will be off to a great start at increasing your activity. Feel free to add me if you are looking for support.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it!
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome - in Akron. you will love this site. Great encouragement & team support.:flowerforyou: