Obese woman searching for friendship and support

Options
I am 310 pounds I am posting this hopefully the other post went through but I don’t think it did a little bit about myself I am obese I am 310 pounds this is the largest I’ve ever been. Are used to say to myself that I would not be that fat mama and my daughter would not know that she has a fat mama until when she got older enough I would lose the weight before she even knew that her mama was fat I do have a nine-year-old daughter and a husband and all of us are heavy my daughter is very tall for her age but she is stillChubby and I did not want that for her obviously I want us all to be healthy. I am mad at myself because Willow all of the different complications that I have face knowing that I have not gotten a menstrual cycle in over three months due to my weight the aches and pains that I indoor every day on a daily basis due to my weight not being able to fit in certain rides or certain seats at restaurants because of my weight not feeling the energy and the life that I should at my age because of my weight I am 39 years old and I feel like I’m 60 hell I think the most 60-year-olds have more energy life and a better body than I do which is even more depressing I am mistaken for beingFor being older than I actually a.m. because of my weight everything revolves around me being fat and that’s just me being realistic I am borderline diabetic and if I don’t do something soon I am going to have a world of problems that I cannot change or undo my time I know is running out I’ve been on cholesterol medication for three years now luckily right now that’s the only medication I’m on besides a multivitamin however I’m not happy about being on that and I’d like to one day get off of it once I get myself into a better healthy weight. I am searching for friends friends that are in a variety of predicaments I know we all come in all shapes sizes and we all have different goals. I welcome any friend who wants to press that front button and add me to your list I will be there to support and cheer anyone on as that’s what this is for however I am really searching for women that are in the same boat as me people that have a lot of weight to lose and can relate to what I am going through I would love to be able to support and encourage you through your journey and I would love to receive that support and encouragement back for me every little bit helps. I am angry at myself for letting it get to this point and I am ready to take my life back

Replies

• stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I am in need of new friends as I clean up all of my inactive friends. You can never have too much support!
  • Drewrymd83
    Drewrymd83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well! I've been on here 10 months and am down 45 lbs. I want to keep going and am looking for friends also. :)
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Aww .. Hugs to you. If you keep your diary open then feel free to add me. I try and be supportive to my MFP friends.
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!
  • abowman4221
    abowman4221 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started out 1 month ago weighing 310 lbs. Thanks to a medically supervised diet, I am down to 282 as of today. I am 43. Just this past month, my doctor told me that I am pre-hypertensive and she wants to keep a close eye on my blood pressure. I can relate to not being able to fit into places. I love riding amusement park rides and roller coasters, but they have a 300lb weight limit on most rides and I cannot even begin to fit into the seats for the roller coasters (I still will not be able to ride the rides due to a neck injury, but it is still a goal). When I can fit in the seats of the roller coasters here, I am going to take a trip to the Harry Potter World at Universal Studios in Orlando as my reward. I also have a hard time sitting in booths at restaurants and the seats at the movie theater. Feel free to send me a friend request. It is hard, but with support I am slowly working on it.
  • AbbyPort89
    AbbyPort89 Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'll add you. My name is Abby and I could have written this myself. I just visited my OB and he told me I was pre-diabetic as well. Then 3 days later my family doctor told me my bad cholesterol is very high and my good cholesterol is low. It was earth shattering. I have three months to see a down trend with my cholesterol before I will have to start a cholesterol medication. I'm currently 270lbs and not proud of it. I feel a lot of the same emotions as you do, I think. When my doctor was going over my labs, I actually cried in his office. I , too, and ready to take my life back.

All the best.
  • rashell167
    rashell167 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I was at one point 288, and slowly figuring this all out . We all need support sometimes
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can do this and show your daughter a healthy way to stay fit and well. Good luck
  • Naboo325
    Naboo325 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there, add me, i'm on I'm on a self-placed "maintenance" for now. Back in Jan 2016, I said this is it! I was at 320 lbs and by January this year I was at 197 lb. 120+lb gone! I feel great!!!! I know i'm still obese by medical standards, but I feel amazing and I'm happy. I've taken a break because for me losing weight is like a job, so with other things going on I didn't want to gain it all back. I've slowly increased my calories to 1600 per day from 1250 and I've stayed within the same 5 lbs for 10 months. I'm working my way up to start again and lose the last 40 lbs for my goal. Anything is possible if you really want it! :)
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I love gaining new friends, I let a mixture of depression and too much drink take me on a merry go round that stopped 203 lbs. But this time around I'm looking to get healthy, strong, and eat good but in moderation.
  • toyahrenee
    toyahrenee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well i just started today. I just had my 3rd baby in 5 years soo I m juat lookibg for that motivation and consistency, like everyone eles
  • awingate87
    awingate87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new here and I weighed in this morning at 339. I'm only 29 and this is the heaviest that I've ever been
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    dinadyna21 wrote: »
    Add me too! I love gaining new friends, I let a mixture of depression and too much drink take me on a merry go round that stopped 203 lbs. But this time around I'm looking to get healthy, st
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Add me please. I'm in the same boat right there with you!
  • shazcave746
    shazcave746 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome hun.
    Feel free to add me too, I started out at 253 lbs we can motivate each other along the way.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can all do this With consistency, you have to stay with it even when things are tough, if you don't then it is literally a vicious circle. Good luck to you all. You need to start logging and then you can learn to make changes that will bring big rewards. Good luck
  • ToniMarieDeterminedly
    Options
    Please add me :) my highest I saw on the scale was 399.5 and I knew if I kept weighing I would see a number that would just crush me. I've lost almost 50# so far and I know your struggles. I'm still healing from a hysterectomy, and I am 38. I have to change my life for good, we can support each other :)