How to tone abs anyone?

Options
Hello people, I would like some help on toning abs and those “love handles.” I’m finding it so hard to shape this area. Anyone any ideas or great workouts?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
  • rebeccamckeown500
    rebeccamckeown500 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much guys, very helpful.
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Personally I have noticed major improvement once I started doing planks. I hate them so much! But this is the flattest my stomach has been since before my 2 kids.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You can't pick what spot to lose fat from, any more than you can pick to use just the gallon of gas in the bottom left of your gas tank. But you can strengthen the muscles which hold your stomach in, which will make your waist look better. I like my abs roller - inexpensive, portable, and supposedly works ab muscles much better than crunches since it works on extension as well as contraction.
  • g_poleman
    g_poleman Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say. Have to lose lbs and then work the core.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hello people, I would like some help on toning abs and those “love handles.” I’m finding it so hard to shape this area. Anyone any ideas or great workouts?

You can do core work, but that isn't going to spot reduce fat in your mid section or love handles...you just have to lose weight to get rid of love handles and belly fat.
  • rebeccamckeown500
    rebeccamckeown500 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it’ll be a difficult journey but defiantly one I’m willing to give full attention to.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and core work. A balanced core workout will make sure your back is also strengthed and stretched.

Sit ups in a lot of reps are out of favor. They tend to hurt backs and there are more exercises that are safer and just as or more effective.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

You can do core work, but that isn't going to spot reduce fat in your mid section or love handles...you just have to lose weight to get rid of love handles and belly fat.

This is the truth.