MFP Premium worth it?

stephwalker311
stephwalker311 Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2017 in Getting Started
Can users who have paid to have the premium version tell me if it’s really worth it and what you like about it that’s not available in the free one?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I have heard it still has the same glitches as the unpaid that's wh I haven't subscribed. some of the features wold be good for me such as setting different goals on different days, but I refuse to pay for something that is crap on the app. slow and horrid regardless of how often I delete it and reinstall it. works for like 2 days after I do that then goes back to being stupid.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I tried it out and didn't find it helped me any more than the free version. I cancelled and am using the free one now.
  • stephwalker311
    stephwalker311 Posts: 9 Member
    Great, that pretty much makes up my mind. Thanks for the replies.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    As someone who still on the basic, I can really not fault it, as it gets results if you stick to your calorie plan and get the exercise. Although good question and good to hear the feed back.

Thanks
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    if it wasn't for the glitches I think it wold be great, but as mentioned above, if you're not doing stuff like calorie cycling and different macros manipulations the free version is just perfect (minus the ap glitches!) for tracking and losing weight. I've had great success with it in my 3-odd years of use.
    Still would love it if they fixed it tho... get rid of that stupid notifications thing maybe might make it faster.
  • Dreamtime407
    Dreamtime407 Posts: 10 Member
    I joined premium because I thought my nutritionist would like the download feature. She said she can just look at my screen and save my money. I cancelled that day but I paid for the year so I am hoping I find benefits because I have it till October 2018.
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    I'm just in the mind that i pay for things i use - plus i hate seeing ads so the premium version gets rid of those :)
  • mikevfr
    mikevfr Posts: 47 Member
    I think it's good value for money. I am on my 2nd year of it and will renew again.
  • Raven_Hawk
    Raven_Hawk Posts: 22 Member
    I paid for it. My main reason for doing so is that as type 1 diabetic it is helpful for me to be able to customise my profile a bit more than what you can do with the free service.

Getting rid of the adverts is nice too, but you can do that with some of the advert blocking plugins.

For me it was worth it.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    I'm also on my second year and like it.
    I want to be able to set my macros by gramme and have the calories be an output.
    And I want to have different goals on different days.
    The lack of ads is a nice bonus.

So for me, worth it.
    If you're not in to macros, probably not so much.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    I like that I can say that my goal is 900 calories on Wednesdays and not get that 'you aren't eating enough' pop up. I think that they offer a 30 day trial to check it out. I like it because my goals are different everyday,if I ate say 1500 cal a day,with the same macros,then no.
  • YES - I hate seeing ads. Plus I too like to PAY for apps I use DAILY.
    I'm just in the mind that i pay for things i use - plus i hate seeing ads so the premium version gets rid of those :)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I would not pay for something that does not work when it is free.
  • atgnat1
    atgnat1 Posts: 29 Member
    A necro of only a year this time. Good job everyone we're slowly getting better!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    We who do not pay for the service are the product. I'm ok being the product. I'm not going to pay for a service with a database as cluttered and glitchy as MFPs. Should that get cleaned up, I'd reconsider.

quote-a-few-years-ago-users-of-internet-services-began-to-realize-that-when-an-online-service-tim-cook-82-95-88.jpg
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I've upgraded to Premium. It doesn't make a world of difference, but it helps with a couple of things. If you are doing TDEE, it gives the option to not count your exercise calories against your goal, which is helpful. But the main benefit is not having to see the million different ads. It's worth that for me alone.

I use MFP ALOT, so $50 a year for something I use this much really doesn't feel like paying much money. Even if they still have an annoying amount of bugs.

Ultimately I think whether to upgrade or not depends on a person's individual finances. If it's going to be a lot for someone to upgrade, it's certainly not necessary. But if $50 isn't a big lift, then I think it's worth it.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    For me it's worth it. I do different calories and macros on different days. I also prefer setting my macros to grams instead of increments of 5%. I will keep doing premium. The only glitch problems I've had was back in Jan.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    free works for me