Looking for friends in their 50's

Options
I am looking for friends in their 50's. I thought we could support one another. :smile:

Replies

• birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm almost 50.....Wait....I'm already your friend....LOL... :bigsmile:
  • MsTransformation
    Options
    I'm almost 50, will add you as my friend!
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Our group is growing!
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Well, I'm almost 50.....Wait....I'm already your friend....LOL... :bigsmile:

Yes you are and you seem like a great one at that!!!:smile:
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!

I will be 57 in September.

I am 5'3" and 239 pounds (as of 7-29-2011).

Today is my 13th day. I weigh myself on Friday mornings, before breakfast. I'm looking forward to weighing myself in two days because I KNOW I will show a loss -- I can FEEL it. (My clothes fit better.)

I believe accidently finding this website was a gift -- it inspires and motivates and provides the tools to take the guess work out of the equation. All I have to do is adhere to MFP's calculations. Initially, I chose to lose one pound per week, but changed it to two pounds per week; MFP then calculated a loss of approximately 1.7 pounds per week. I haven't gone hungry eating 1200 calories per day (no stomach rumblings). I also do, at the very least, one hour of walking on a treadmill and incorporate at least 10 minutes of weight resistance training as well as one minute of situps. Each and every day. Exercise is key to a successful weight loss. You have to burn calories. It also makes you feel better. I know that I am feeling much more happier and optimistic about the future.

You've come to the right place to find support, understanding, inspiration and motivation!

Feel free to add me as a friend. :wink:
  • foxsmum
    foxsmum Posts: 6
    Options
    Almost 50 here too :-)