No No! At Home Laser System???

Options
onefitdiva
onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
I have been seeing the infomercials and wonder about its validity. Does anyone have one and what are your thoughts on it? Does it work? I for one would love to stop getting wax's! Woohoo...no tugging, and pain and saves $$ if this is an option.

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering, too. Seems too good to be true, but I'd love it if it is.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely getting one. I have been eyeballing it for a long time. haha. I say get it!
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The reviews I've seen online say it's a joke, but it's possible there is just a lot of bad publicity out there.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • elambabe
    elambabe Posts: 28
    Options
    I haven't read good things about it online, but if there is a money back guarantee on it, I would probably give it a shot. I bought laser hair removal on citydeals.com and groupon.com. You can get 6 sessions for $99.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at this too. Here's a review I found. They review several products, so I think it's a legit site, even though there are ads all over it.

http://www.hairremoverreviews.com/

I'd love to hear from someone that actually uses it.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    IVE GOT ONE

i got it last year and first i started using it all the time for like 2 weeks and now it sits in a draw cos iv forgetten about it lol

it cost me about £110 UK, it basically burns the hairs off and sends a light to the roots. i supose i have noticed a difference on my arms because im really dark haired and i think the growth has slowed down, i should use it more but i keep forgetting.

It wont leave your legs smooth, it just singes the hairs off and leaves an unpleasant burning smell.

i would recommend it only if you are persistant with it. Its a lot cheaper than going to the salon for laser treatment thats for sure.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    For something like this I'd always visit the salon and have it done professionally. I know it costs loads, you can make it a treat when you reach mini weight goals! It's just less risky getting it done properly, and will probably be better as well.

Oh and apparently it hurts getting it done D:
  • rmstorey
    rmstorey Posts: 24
    Options
    I got one a few years ago. Maybe the technology has improved since then, but at the time, it could only do one hair at a time, and it does not work AT ALL the way the professional ones do. It does not eliminate hair under the surface, it only burns off what's above the surface of the skin, and it hurts terribly. It made pock marks in my leg in the few tiny spots where I used it.

EDIT: I just looked on Google, and there is one by Tria that looks far, FAR more legit than the one I got a few years ago. It is FDA approved and works more like the in-office version.