Any Gearheads shade of a tree mechanics grease monkeys in the house

Options
Rottweiler17
Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
Hey guys I am looking for a group of people who are mechanics of heart both guys and girls if you were one give me an add or post here for others to add you. Yeah just looking for some people I can collaborate with him or that a group and collaborate with if I have any questions

Replies

• Rottweiler17
    Options
    As a forgot to add I’m also mechanic myself so don’t take the title offensively add Borgen on cars for around 15 almost 20 years
  • Rottweiler17
    Options
    Lmao yea no that awesome man that’s a fairly decent job
  • Rottweiler17
    Options
    I hear you I have been a mechanic for 20 years and I still go to YouTube
  • Alendralouise
    Alendralouise Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Can I be in your club?!? I just love mechanics
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I just love the dog's picture, can I be a mechanic?
  • MsRottweiler_17
    MsRottweiler_17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m sure you’ll get plenty of gear head friends to discuss cars. I’m so happy we found each other! Puppy love: marriage
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I changed my own serpentine belt once. And I change my own oil and headlights and fuses and stuff.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

i give credit to youtube :D:D:D

Yeah, was a Chiltons, Haynes, and Shop manual guy for a long time, but YouTube and the Net are king.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I changed my own serpentine belt once. And I change my own oil and headlights and fuses and stuff.

What's amusing to me is I'll do pretty much all the repairs on my vehicles except oil changes. The local Chrysler dealer does them for $23 and I can barely buy the oil and filter for under that. The only exception is my Tundra that takes nearly 7 quarts of full synthetic, even then sometimes it's worth the $48.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I recently replaced both the Coswell Cog & Spacely Sprocket on our family's Monkey Wagon.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

i give credit to youtube :D:D:D

Finally a whole sentence I understand in this thread
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I am. Did my first transmission swap on an Olds 98 when I was 9 with my brother who was 11. Dad just told us what to do & we did it. Been working on them since that day.
    I’m restoring a VW dune buggy in my garage right now. Got stacks of wheels and tires everywhere. Couple spare motors to rebuild & carburetors & other parts stashed everywhere.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm a gearhead and fair shade-tree mechanic, and I try to do as much maintenance as I can myself. Just a few weeks ago, I replaced a sticking brake caliper on the minivan.
    festerw wrote: »

What's amusing to me is I'll do pretty much all the repairs on my vehicles except oil changes. The local Chrysler dealer does them for $23 and I can barely buy the oil and filter for under that. The only exception is my Tundra that takes nearly 7 quarts of full synthetic, even then sometimes it's worth the $48.

I still do my own oil changes because even though the cost is almost a wash, it's faster for me to pull out the ramps and do it myself than it is to drive to a mechanic and wait.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Cadillac/GM tech here! ;)
  • Rottweiler17
    Options
    festerw wrote: »

Fully synthetic oil is always worth it
  • rithierich
    rithierich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Master mechanic 28 yrs