Excuses???

Options
2»

Replies

• GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya on day 1. Although I didn't plan accordingly so I guess I'm doing my research for now. I will definitely hit the gym tonight. I can feel your pain though. I'm a single mom of 2. My family lives out of state so I don't have too much help when it comes to the kids. I'm trying to find a schedule that works for me and stick with it. I'm not a morning person by any means but feel that I may need to become one to fit it all in. However, I really enjoy a few of the night classes at my gym so I need to find the right balance that works for all of us. It's all a juggling act and I know that it's all about balance. We got this!!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you don't need exercise to lose weight. Just cut your calories a little more. If anything that will save a little time as you wont have to make as much food and you will eat your meals a little faster since there will be less food.

Working out is for healthy and body composition, a caloric deficit (can be from diet alone) is all that is needed for weight loss.

This.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Well. I fell off the wagon again. I read somewhere something about how consistency is key. I am so inconsistent with this. I picked up the kettlebell but I think the inconsistent workouts are due to being so soar I don't feel like I can move the next day. although I have lost just 3 whole pounds. I have like 60 more to go. So today is day 1, again.

I don't know anyone who goes from nothing to working out everyday...you need to build up. With resistance training, you don't want to be working the same muscles and groups of muscles on consecutive days...it actually defeats what you're doing with that.

Not sure what you're doing with the kettle bells, but maybe make it 3 days per week on alternate days...start walking to keep lose on non kettle days and as you build your fitness you can start adding in more vigorous cardio if you want to...or not...it certainly isn't necessary.

Your problem is that you're just coming out of the gate too fast and trying to do everything all at once...never seen that work...build momentum...ya know, like how a train starts out rolling pretty slow, but a few miles down the line, it's cooking. When you have momentum behind you, consistency is a lot easier.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Cat3141 wrote: »
    I don't have any suggestions, but I did want to say, from what you describe, you have real barriers to exercise--you are not making excuses. Additionally, as others have pointed out, cleaning is movement as are short walks. It's maybe not the sort of "hardcore" exercise people think of as exercise, but you are moving your body, and it does have some benefit.

Yes. I was thinking at least I'm not gaining and I'm completely aware of the fact that I really should be watching what I'm eating. I've been told that once you hit 40 that's the weight you'll maintain the the rest of your life. I'm 41 now. I'm so hoping that person was wrong. I'm just glad that after being a surrogate and carrying twins I was able to lose all of the pregnancy weight.
    If only. One CANNOT keep eating the same amount of calories and just have their metabolic rate naturally lower through age and NOT gain weight. One of 2 things has to happen to maintain weight: Do more physical activity to keep burn up or eat less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png