Going keto

Options
Hi im a Nutritionist that has seen the benefits of ketogenic eating..im personally following keto and would love to connect with others eating the same way. Im located in sydney.

Replies

• ladecuir5836
    ladecuir5836 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on the keto diet for 2 weeks now and am looking forward to, basically, changing my life! I have heard great things about the ketogenic lifestyle, and am just starting to really get into it outside of the usual bacon, eggs and butter schedule. So far I have not felt deprived or hungry one single day! In fact it's the opposite. I am, however, currently fighting the keto flu, but I am increasing my sodium intake which seems to help, however I'm still getting used to salting basically everything. There's a lot of reprogramming going on in our household to say the least! I have also increased my 8 year olds fat intake as I'm looking to improve his cognitive function and ADHD/anxiety issues. I'm really hoping to turn this into a new way of living for my whole family! I'm really looking forward to the energy boost that everyone on keto talks about. How is your diet going? As a nutritionist I would love to get some feedback from you or advice. Be well, talk soon!
  • elishaabz
    elishaabz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, you are doing a great thing for you and your family. I would recommend getting some potassium for your symptoms. 2 weeks is a little long to be experiencing them. Happy to answer any qs you may have.
  • elishaabz
    elishaabz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on the keto diet for 2 weeks now and am looking forward to, basically, changing my life! I have heard great things about the ketogenic lifestyle, and am just starting to really get into it outside of the usual bacon, eggs and butter schedule. So far I have not felt deprived or hungry one single day! In fact it's the opposite. I am, however, currently fighting the keto flu, but I am increasing my sodium intake which seems to help, however I'm still getting used to salting basically everything. There's a lot of reprogramming going on in our household to say the least! I have also increased my 8 year olds fat intake as I'm looking to improve his cognitive function and ADHD/anxiety issues. I'm really hoping to turn this into a new way of living for my whole family! I'm really looking forward to the energy boost that everyone on keto talks about. How is your diet going? As a nutritionist I would love to get some feedback from you or advice. Be well, talk soon!

• Uscary83
    Uscary83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
    I am also studying Nutritional Health Sciences and I have been on keto since march properly. Now going even more strict to try and shed some fat mass. I am sydney based too and would LOVE to connect with likeminded people on the same journey :)
    Feel free to hit me with a message if keen to catch up,
    Speak soon.
  • nursmem
    nursmem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello...RN from Georgia (USA). I've been on my Ketogenic Intermittent Fasting journey since late August and have lost about 28 lbs. I feel great... but have at least 30 lbs to go. Following Dr. Jason Fung on YouTube...great source...but sure can use more support. My son lived in Sydney for about four years and I visited there... about three times. What a great place to be! Lucky you!
  • 4chris4kids
    4chris4kids Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I’m from New York and an RN also that just discovered this Ketogenic lifestyle. My husband and I are just beginning and finally I’m doing better at losing than him! It he finally learns that you can NOT just cheat a little with this because your out of Ketosis then - I’m sure he’ll rock it and get to goal before me as I have Many pounds to lose.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group