Looking for new friends on the Keto diet!

Options
Just want help staying motivated and accountable! Don't really have anyone to do that irl. Anyone willing to help?

Replies

• Libmatos
    Libmatos Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I've followed it for 3 month failing a bit along the way, but generally succeeding. I always log my intakes without fail. Thats absolutely key for me. When did you start it?.
  • Tetrelle
    Tetrelle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Libmatos wrote: »
    When did you start it?.
    I lost about 43 lbs last time. Fell off the wagon, and am re-starting it. So I'm well versed in it, just gave into temptation. I've got no one for moral support irl, and someone in my house eating whatever they want so I'm constantly around tempting foods. Second I get depressed, I eat. Giving it another go, hopefully permanently this time.

• roseandrunning
    roseandrunning Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm currently restarting it after I've failed many times.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,848 Member
    Options
    I started Keto on July 17, lost about 12# the first 2 weeks then bounced up and down. Stayed at 155 - 156 for a month or more. I just got home from a 7 day cruise. My first weigh in after getting home I was 156, the next day (yesterday) I was 155.5, today 154.5. 27 pounds to go!

I’m 67, have some physical issues and sometimes find the going rough.
  • Crysiii
    Crysiii Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do the me to diet but find it almost impossible. I've added you, maybe you can teach me some things! I'd love to help motivate you if possible.
  • PhoenixJax29
    PhoenixJax29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have restarted keto a few times, I just find fasting really hard and eating so few calories. I really just feel hungry all the time.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I started it 2 sweeks eeks ago, loving it. Feel free to add me too!
  • seegreen93
    seegreen93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I added you. I just started in September and am trying to figure it out as I go along.
  • hunters90
    hunters90 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My brother did it and lost 200 lbs. I'm trying it and I like it. I've lost 18 so far
  • qudoos
    qudoos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Looking for inspiration and motivation feel free to add!!
  • phil_zz
    phil_zz Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've been on and off keto for over a year. I keep falling off the wagon because of work... and other excuses. Restarted again last week with a 19:5 Intermittent Fast.

I need support with this, too.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    I have to look at Keto as a change in LIFESTYLE not a diet I will do and then stop. That is not to say I’ll never eat bread or potatoes again but not 6 homemade dinner rolls at Thanksgiving plus a mound of mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy! After several weeks bouncing, I am down 4# since Friday. Fat bombs are my friends!
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    tried to add you but states page not found. I am starting officially tomorrow. I have been watching my carbs for about a week and done pretty well but tomorrow will be a full on start. No more bread etc. At least not until I can incorporate it in using other recipes. (Almond flour etc). Feel free to add me.
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @verybusybee cutting out grain (flour) was the hardest for me. Six saltines with butter were my late night (10pm) snack. My DH isn’t doing Keto and he’ll sit down in the evening and eat a whole stack of saltines with PB. At any rate, I have survived. It took about 6 weeks to get past the no bread rule and, honestly, I’m sort of scared to try making Keto bread. Made 90 second Keto bread once and it was awful - probably because I don’t like coconut! We can do this!
  • tara1992td
    tara1992td Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me. I'm doing a keto diet
  • verybusybee
    Options
    Okay everyone. Today was my official start date. I feel pretty good. But it is the first day. Anyway I did some reading on Keto before I started and it suggested that my carbs should be about 5-7 percent of my daily intake and to try to stay between 20 and 25. Based on the 5-7% my carbs on here are supposed to be 27g or less. So here are my questions. Is this too low? Also I have stocked up on some of the foods suggested (eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach and was surprised that when I add them in they have a high number of carbs. Are these counted in the staying below 20-25 or should I not worry so much about those carbs and make sure anything I may choses to have with carbs like dressing or condiments keep me below the 20-25. Today if I choose to have a latte at Starbucks (this is still not definite) I will be at 32 carbs total and 23 not counting the broccoli and spinach etc. Does this make sense.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone. Today was my official start date. I feel pretty good. But it is the first day. Anyway I did some reading on Keto before I started and it suggested that my carbs should be about 5-7 percent of my daily intake and to try to stay between 20 and 25. Based on the 5-7% my carbs on here are supposed to be 27g or less. So here are my questions. Is this too low? Also I have stocked up on some of the foods suggested (eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach and was surprised that when I add them in they have a high number of carbs. Are these counted in the staying below 20-25 or should I not worry so much about those carbs and make sure anything I may choses to have with carbs like dressing or condiments keep me below the 20-25. Today if I choose to have a latte at Starbucks (this is still not definite) I will be at 32 carbs total and 23 not counting the broccoli and spinach etc. Does this make sense.

Keto is usually below 20-50g of total carbs. You could even take it to zero if you wished as there is no minimum carb intake.

A carb day of 32 g is nothing to worry about. You can have variation. My days go between 0 and 50g with most around 20g. Variation may work best for you, or perhaps over 30g of carbs. An extra 10g of carbs is not a big deal. If it does bother you though, just get a black coffee. ;)

• verybusybee
    Options
    @nvmomketo I did try the starbucks thing which added to my carbs but it will not be a habit. I never have drank coffee. I only drank hot chocolate or frappes from there. I tried it just to see if it was something I could have periodically to curb my sweet tooth but the espresso or whatever they use was way to much and it won't happen again. I can do without coffee and hot chocolate. LoL.
    Thank you for the carb info though. I will not be so hard on myself if they stay between 20-35
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. Intermittent fasting on an 16:8 cycle. Keeping the carbs low - 40 grams or less. Been doing this for 8 months.