Need more active friends - stuck in a binging cycle :(

Options
Hey all. I’ve been on this site for a few years and have lost about 115 lbs total since 2014. I have 100 to go but am stuck in a major binging cycle and sabotaging my healthy eating horribly. I could really use some more active friends on here for the encouragement. I would love to watch you all reach your goals and inspire each other. Feel free to add me anyone!

Replies

• AliceS261
    AliceS261 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm stuck in a binging cycle as well!! It's been horrible and i'm so depressed about it and i know if i can be just a little bit more stubborn i can lose some weight but i think that it might be much easier done with a friend who's going through the same thing. Would you like to be that friend?
  • horror_mama
    horror_mama Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me! I go through cycles myself and would be happy to push through with some friends.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @gingercurves @AliceS261 Your best friend is yourself. You need to know what you really want out of this and commit to it. I have a network of 255 Friends on here, but a large number of them seem to be inconsistent in signing in or logging daily. I see the daily updates of the others who're more active, but we honestly don't often have direct conversations very often.

I can add you if you wish, but ultimately it's up to you to do what you need to do.
  • skigal303
    skigal303 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Same!! I can't get off the binge train right now. I feel aweful, bloated, and out of control. I'll be your friend. We can do this!
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like! I'm very active and log everything I eat, even if it's a binge. I've been doing very well with not binging recently. I went through a few years of just awful binging episodes. I would love other friends who have had or are currently having similar experiences as I did/still do at some times.
  • Indyzgirl
    Indyzgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have 30lbs to lose and motivation would help me too. You can add me
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I so get you!
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Anyone, please feel free to add me. I need an extra push of motivation. I log daily but have missed a few lately because I don't feel like I need to be accountable. when I have active friends it helps me stay accountable to myself and to them, vice versa. I've had a couple friends I chatted with often but they've left MFP for varied reasons. I'm ready to motivate and be motivated! Let's do it!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You have done so well and congrats on the weight you have lost. Im just really getting started back but will be glad to do what I can.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty active on here. I post my meals (even binge meals) and workouts. Request sent! Others, feel free to add me as well!
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Please add me...I log very regularly & love the extra motivation from others
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request, I log daily.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm always happy to have a friend to motivate me and vice versa. I've got a lot lose
  • JBashkoff
    JBashkoff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow you have made such great progress! That motivates me! Right now I'm focusing on 15 lbs by the end of the year but my longer term goals are 1. Get out of the 200s, 2. Get back to my lowest adult weight and 3. Get down to the "overweight" BMI then evaluate from there. Overall that is about 70 lbs to lose to start. Feel free to add me.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on here entirely too much. You'll know far too much about me in no time.
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Must be something in the air. I'm on the same merry-go-round. Feel free to add me!
  • healthyRN920
    healthyRN920 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yea, I struggle with this too. IT is mostly when I feel lonely or unwanted. I simply give up and punish myself. I am looking for more friends, maybe we can help each other out. Always looking for a friend
  • kingst13
    kingst13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck in the overeating/binge cycle for about 3 months. I need some motivation as well to keep going. I would appreciate some friends to keep me motivated and accountable!
  • EmmaCasual
    EmmaCasual Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm stuck in binge mode, and I really need motivation to get out of it. Add me!
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Coming out of one now...anyone may friend me. Thanks!