Determined to stay motivated

Hello everyone, my name is Meshia and I am 43 years old. I will soon be 44 and one of my bucket list items is to reach my high school weight of 173 lbs., I am currently about 271 lbs. I am a wife and mother of 8; I gained a lot of weight back when I was young having my children, but never thought enough of my self to lose the weight. Well I'll take that back I lost 30 lbs. last year, but have gained that back; and about five years ago I lost 58 lbs. My problem is being consistent and realizing that this has to be a life long life style change that I have to stick too. I have a decent diet, haven't eaten pork since 1996 and I don't eat anything but clean foods. I have come to an understanding that I have the ability to gain weight quickly and I really have to watch my calorie/portion control. I am loving my fitness pal, even though I've heard about it a long time ago, but never took time to explore it. I look forward to meeting other people like myself that are interested in losing weight and encouraging each other. I know once I reach my goal I am going to being beaming even more. I am a Queen and this will make me a even happier Queen. I'm thankful that I have lots of support from my husband and children also. We can do it everyone <3 Peace and Blessings <3<3

Replies

• robinmclaurin
    robinmclaurin Posts: 3 Member
    Please add me to your group. I need all the motivation I can get.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Don't have motivation as a goal - just make a good plan that is easy to stick to, and stick to it. Eating well and exercising for good health is just like any other daily, important task that you just do, like showering and go to work.

Gaining weight is easy for most of us; losing and maintaining healthy weight takes a conscious effort. I think it will be easier to do what you have to do (consistently eat less) if you loosen up on your "food rules". Pork is fine if you like it and your faith allows it, and there is no such thing as "clean foods"; just more and less nutritious foods, and we need a range of nutrition every day, but less nutritious foods aren't in themselves detrimental to health; it's all about dosage, and denying yourslef something you like, will only intensify your desire for it.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 404 Member
    edited November 2017
    TIME TO WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN-
    And start fresh. :s
    Draw on your experiences as useful tools. Things you can do better. Things you would rather not repeat

You know MFP is the best resource you have so use it.
    LOG EVERY MEAL. Every snack/Drink/Condiment:Cookie. Every day.
    Weigh and measure properly and stay within your daily caloric allowance. :#

Along with perseverance and determination, is the acceptance and Wisdom This is a lifetime commitment .