Starbucks

Options

Replies

• Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My roommate works for starbucks my big drink is a sweetened passion tea lemonade a tall in only around 100 calories. And I am big on getting plain old coffee.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to coffee shops, now limit my warm drinks to black coffee (free at work) or black tea. No cream, no sugar, zero calories. It took me a while to weed off of the cream, but now I'm used to it, and only splurge on rare occasions.
  • kellydharriso
    Options
    I live in the middle of nowhere, but, when I do get to go into town and have a chance to drop by Starbucks, I get a skinny vannilla latte or just plain coffee (I add sweet n low and cream).
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    My roommate works for starbucks my big drink is a sweetened passion tea lemonade a tall in only around 100 calories. And I am big on getting plain old coffee.

I get that a lot! I share it with my daughter.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I was looking over their website just the other day. Next on my list to try is the Espresso Frappuccino. It's only 190 calories for a grande. :) (I don't do artificial sweeteners, so no skinny syrups for me.)

My weakness is their White Mocha. It's so good. But I almost never get it these days. My standard is a nonfat grande latte with two pumps of syrup. It' s 170 calories, so not bad for days when I want a treat without going overboard.

Let us know if you find any tasty new combinations :)
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    venti skinny iced cinnamon dolce latte... its fabulous and (i think?) 140 cals
  • Sari9912
    Sari9912 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Grande Iced coffee with sugar free vanilla sweetener and soy... 45 amazing calories!
  • baschmidt2
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight, I wouldn't drink any starbucks. It is packed with sugar in general. Avoiding it will help you lose weight faster and you won't crave it all the time.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    My favorite treat at Starbucks isn't even a coffee. I get the TAZO Refresh and stir in a little honey. It's not even tea. hahahaa It's an "herbal infusion" that just tastes great. :D
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I go once a week, if that! I am meeting my best friend there later with our babies and then we're going shopping.
    THIS is a fabulous outing with a friend. It doesn't revolve around food, which is my weakness. I'm often suggesting to my friends that we go for a cup of coffee and a pedicure. Enjoy!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Won started this - ever since I first read it I am so badly craving an iced mocha!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    Cafe Vanilla Light Frappuccino 173 calories. Its listed on their website and it is really good! It's my guilty pleasure.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'm big on having a cappuccino or cafe misto (aka cafe au lait) for a low calorie drink from SB. Also, consider only getting a Tall size, if you don't already.
  • mycatas
    mycatas Posts: 20
    Options
    I love skinny mochas, but I only buy them occasionally (on cold days after long workouts). My summertime go to is the iced americano. I add half-and-half (mmmm!) without feeling guilty because it has only a fraction of the calories of a mocha.
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks everyone! When I got there I ended up just getting a Venti unsweetened iced green tea, haha. After all that!!
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have developed a serious latte habit lately. It's my favorite sweet treat and not completely nutritionally void. Always loved them and here in Seattle, they are much too easy to find! However, I'm not in love with how much I was spending on them. :)

A great alternative is to get the Starbucks Via and dissolve it straight into a glass of milk. I add about 1/2 tsp of sugar because I like it a little sweet. Voila- homemade iced "latte"!

The Via packets are more expensive than other companies' versions but honestly, I tried another brand and it was vile. It's worth it to pay for the Via- look for them at Costco. Still cheaper than buying coffee out. I found the new flavored version to be too sweet and no need to get the ones especially marked for "iced" coffee because the regular ones dissolve just fine in cold liquids.

Now I want another homemade latte.....
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    i'm not much a fan of their green tea.. i usually drink Celestial Seasonings green tea. i do, however, LOVE a Venti unsweetened passion tea, with some splenda. SO refreshing, zero-calories!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Topped up my Red card today (donates to an AIDS campaign each time you use it) but skipped the coffee for a bottle of Naked Blue Machine Superfood juice drink. It was about 250 calories but shouldn't muck up my iron absorption. I do go for coffee sometimes still though.
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Grande skinny caramel Americano Misto!
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    ooo just tried something different today! an iced coffee with 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha! 65 calories! didn't need cream or splenda...it was DELISH!