I need help and support, PLEASE !!!!

Options
Sorry to have to put this on again, but i didnt get many views or even replies last fortnight when i posted this so here goes again.

I lost my eldest son 7 yrs ago on new years eve, to a rare form of meningitis not known in the uk, brought over here by illegal immigrants and refugees. He was only 3 years old. He would have been 10 yrs old last week. I have decided i need to do something in his memory, to keep my memories alive, so here i am, a sponsored diet and raising money for the meningitis trust. I have already lost 6lb in 7 days!!! I know you are unable to sponsor me, but i ask you kindly look at my sons trust fund on the website below, even if it is only look, i am raising awareness for meningitis. It has the story of what happened, and how much we have raised so far. You are also able to donate or light a candle for my boy. Obviously money doesnt go to me, it goes to the mengingitis trust, it is a registered website. All i can say is they have done a lot for me, and one day, i hope you dont, but one of you may need their help. Please help me in my journey, your help and kind words on the website blog would be nice.

http://meningitis-trust.tributefunds.com/fund/Jordan+Peter+Hull

Replies

• lamykins
    Options
    Sorry to have to put this on again, but i didnt get many views or even replies last fortnight when i posted this so here goes again.

I lost my eldest son 7 yrs ago on new years eve, to a rare form of meningitis not known in the uk, brought over here by illegal immigrants and refugees. He was only 3 years old. He would have been 10 yrs old last week. I have decided i need to do something in his memory, to keep my memories alive, so here i am, a sponsored diet and raising money for the meningitis trust. I have already lost 6lb in 7 days!!! I know you are unable to sponsor me, but i ask you kindly look at my sons trust fund on the website below, even if it is only look, i am raising awareness for meningitis. It has the story of what happened, and how much we have raised so far. You are also able to donate or light a candle for my boy. Obviously money doesnt go to me, it goes to the mengingitis trust, it is a registered website. All i can say is they have done a lot for me, and one day, i hope you dont, but one of you may need their help. Please help me in my journey, your help and kind words on the website blog would be nice.

http://meningitis-trust.tributefunds.com/fund/Jordan+Peter+Hull
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, and sorry you did not get a reply (maybe it was just an "off" time of day or night). When my son went off to college last fall I made him get a vaccine for meningitis. It is such a rapidly progressing disease that it scares me.

Get healthy in memory of your son, and for you. i will say a prayer for your family.
  • lamykins
    Options
    our kids here in the uk are given the meningitis vaccine as babies, but it didnt stop my boy from contracting it. there are too many starins for them to be vaccined against all of them.
  • wender
    wender Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a child. May God bless you and keep you and give you His peace, which surpasses all understanding. I planted a garden in memory of my son and I love seeing it bloom every year. It's right in my front yard and all the neighborhood gets to enjoy it.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Lamykins I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you and your family. Your efforts to increase awareness of meningitis and your journey to a healthy life style do your son a great honor in his memory. :flowerforyou: God bless.

Wender, what a beautiful way to remember your boy. Blessings.:flowerforyou:
  • geo1177
    Options
    You, your son and your family are in my prayers. I am praying for you right now and your cause. I know nothing I can say, give or do can equal to the power of prayer. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones with a lot of love. Thank you for your brave courage in taking on a cause in the memory and name of your son. That shows what a good person you really are.