Stay-at-home-moms 2/2-2/8

Options

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi Cass( if I can call you that, it's shorter to type) Welcome!!!

Loree she is so beautiful!!! How blessed you are!! I always wanted a girl! Some days I think maybe having a 3rd child, but no guarantee it will be a girl. Either way I just love babies!!:love:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll introduce myself again. Cassie, two kiddos, DS is 3 almost 4, DD is 3mos, DH is Joey, he is going on about 13. lol. :tongue:

Dana-Good luck with your Doc Appt. :flowerforyou:

Loreeb-She is adorable!! My DD, Autumn, Just learned how to roll over from her tummy to her back. Its so cute, she gets all excited, like WHOA!

Welcome!

It's hard that she's getting so big but I get so excited when she does something new. Especially when she looks very pleased with herself for doing it.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Loree she is so beautiful!!! How blessed you are!! I always wanted a girl! Some days I think maybe having a 3rd child, but no guarantee it will be a girl. Either way I just love babies!!:love:

Thanks! I wanted a girl so badly! (Not that I wouldn't have been happy if I'd had a son.) But when we found out at her ultrasound that she was a girl, I cried.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! just wondering if i can join you??? i have 5 children ages 5 and under. my youngest 2 are 1 month old twins. i didn't gain too much with this pregnancy, but i was overweight to start with. i have about 70 lbs to lose and feel like i have NO self control. what do you guys do to help each other/
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi mommies!

So I have a quick question for those of you with at least 1 kid that's school age. Do you find it harder to workout when they have a day off? I know my kids are off right now for a teacher work day or something and I have such a hard time finding time to work out where I'm not going nuts and having to continuously stop mid way through.
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Hi ladies i am a stay at home Mom and i have a son he is 4 months old and when i had him i was 214lbs. I am now 171 i joined this web site 3 weeks ago and still am 171 idk wats wrong but i am getting very upset my pre prego weight is 135 all i want to be is 150. Just want to tell someone how upset i was. I didnt know there were a lot of moms on this website
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! just wondering if i can join you??? i have 5 children ages 5 and under. my youngest 2 are 1 month old twins. i didn't gain too much with this pregnancy, but i was overweight to start with. i have about 70 lbs to lose and feel like i have NO self control. what do you guys do to help each other/

5, 5 and under with one month old twins?? Whoa-- no more calls, ladies and gentlemen-- this even trumps my nine kids. We have THE SuperMom of the boards. worship.gif

Yowsa-- well, that's wonderful-- congrats on the babies.

What do we do for each other? Ummm-- hard to quantify, I guess-- we chat, laugh, cry, fret, share frustrations and temptations and successes in the weight battle. It's a lot of fun, but can definitely tempt you to spend too much time here, so be careful.
  • abetterme
    Options
    Hi Cass( if I can call you that, it's shorter to type) Welcome!!!

:laugh: :laugh: Jules there are no guarantees' look at me I had 5 boys before I got my girl:noway:
  • abetterme
    Options
    abetterme-- real quickly-- I'd been wanting to say hey to you for a couple mornings-- I think your life sounds simply incredible for those children. Today's kids have NO CONCEPT of what it takes to keep a family let alone a business running. They live for today and for themselves. Your kids truly sound as if they'll hit the ground some day so much better off for their childhood than the average kid, having truly worked and seen what it takes to survive. If a man shall not work, He shall not eat, it says in scripture.

I give my kids chores, but I'm humbled reading how hard you all work. God bless your family.

On a side note, we went to a local dairy farm not long ago for a homeschool field trip. They showed us the whole shebang, where the cows eat, what they eat, how they're milked, et cetera. It was fascinating, and the kids love it. Maybe some extra money for you and hubby if you were to do that?

Food for thought in these tough times--

Congrats on the 2 pounds, Lyn-- I'm stuck, stuck, stuck. I got on the scale this morning again "just for fun" to see if I'm down from my slimfast and new exercise routine. Puh-- nuttin'. :grumble: Still, I'm not giving up-- I just did my pushups for the day, and am heading to work.

Mrs. Buzz, SuperMom, Sara, Sara and Sara-- (I think there's a whole bunch of youse, right?) Harter, oh gosh-- senior moment-- heck, all of you-- blessings be yours this day--

Heading to work-- :heart: to all!!

Marla -=--Sorry I got a little lost what were you suggesting we do for extra money? Thank you so much for the compliment also. I am not sure of the ages of your nine kiddos but I thought you are pretty awesome also for having nine:drinker: I still am wishing I hadn't of tide my tubes, I truely thought 2 almost 3 years ago that I was ready to be done but now I am not so sure but I guess beings I have tide them I won't be going back down that road. Thank you again:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    hello abetterme-- sorry, I rambled rather unintelligbly-- :laugh:

I was suggesting that perhaps you could do field trips for preschools, homeschool groups, girl scouts, et cetera-- let them tour your dairy, show them where the cows eat and sleep, how they're milked, where the milk is stored. I think we paid $5 for adults, $3 per kid to take a homeschool field trip to our local dairy farm and it was a lot of fun. They also had their own cheese store where they sold their own cheese, and gave us a free sample-- yummy.

Heading back to my evening shift typing-- have a great evening everyone.
  • Marla64
    Options
    oh-- and thank you for your kind words-- my kids are 1, 3, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18-- teen, tween, toddler-- you name it, I got it. :laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Holy Newbies!!! YIPPEE we love new blood sweat and tears.

clover- I can empathize. My son doesn't go to school until noon so he's always home when I do my workouts but I'm always being interrupted. Thankfully he's slowly learning how important it is to me and he does his best to stay away for 40 minutes.

coliechacer-I would give my left arm to be in your shoes. I was 215 when my daughter was born almost 7 months ago. I just reached 180. My pre preg weight was 188 so I'm thrilled with my progress. I don't even know how long I've been on here....4 months or so. Make sure you are being honest with your food diary. Every thing that goes in your mouth must go on the diary. Are you getting exercise in? Make sure you record that and eat those calories too. Don't give up, you've lost a great amount of weight already, your body may be adjusting. It will come off. Stick with us, we will get you through it.

Lori-your baby Harley is so dang cute. I love that hippo shirt...I almost bought it for my DD :smile:

Well Red Lobster was delicious!!! I knew it would be :love: I burned 1000 cals exercising just so that I could cover lunch! Now I have plenty of cals for dinner....and will probably have some left by the end of the day....which will be good too just in case I miscalculated lunch.
    Plan on spending the rest of the evening with my fam!! Night everyone!
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    maria- 9 kids??? wow !i'm no supermom, believe me. you're in a diff. league. there are 2 families at my church expecting their 10th children.

anyway, thanks for the encouragement and advice about time
    (it is precious and there's not a lot).
  • abetterme
    Options
    oh-- and thank you for your kind words-- my kids are 1, 3, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18-- teen, tween, toddler-- you name it, I got it. :laugh:

Mine are 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 14 so mine are close to some of yours. 17th of this month the 3yr old turns 4 and then March 2nd the 5yr turns 6 and then the 12th of March 2yr turns 3 (she was born on my birthday:happy: ) and in April the 14yr turns 15.
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    Hello mommies~ it has been a crazy week, but I just wanted to check in and say HI!! I hope everyone is doing well and staying on track. Have a wonderful weekend!! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options

Mine are 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 14 so mine are close to some of yours. 17th of this month the 3yr old turns 4 and then March 2nd the 5yr turns 6 and then the 12th of March 2yr turns 3 (she was born on my birthday:happy: ) and in April the 14yr turns 15.

Sweet. Between all 11 of us, we have almost every month covered-- 1 birthday in February, March, and April, anniversary in May, 2 birthdays in June, 1 in July, and August, 2 in September, 1 in November and 1 in December. One baby almost held on till October, but she came 9/28-- oh well? Whaddyagonnado--

Have a good night!
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Been a hectic week hope everybody is ok been working out like mad did shred and intervals (2 min jump rope 2 min elliptical and 2 min running up and down the stairs repeated 5 times) mon tue thurs and fri was going to do again today but woke up feeling crappy hot and bothered and not felt better as the day has gone on so I am switching my rest day from tomorrow to today and I will work out before going to train the dog at flyball tomorrow morning.

Got my elliptical fixed but quite hooked on what I have done this week I thing I can see results only lost 1lb though but better than nothing especially as my eating habits were so bad before with my cals way to low and body was definately in starvation mode so got my cals quite high probably stick with it for another week and then change my cals but eating clean and healthy feels good except for today when I am forcing myself to eat as I just feel horrible just trying to drink water and keep warm and hopefully be better tomorrow.

Anyone else got any ideas of exercise that I can add to my workout that doesnt involve fancy stuff just body weight and drive.

17 weeks til dream disney vacation. (28lbs to go)
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    you could do leg lifts on the couch or a chair, I will lay on my back and have my DD sit over my hips, with knees bent I rais my hips off the floor. I get a good toning workout and DD has fun on the floor with mommy. Granted she is a toddler and only weighs 27.5 pounds so I can get away with it. If you can do it with a heavier child then awesome. I also use my daughter for arm exercises, like lifting her way up into the air like I was lifting weights, She loves and again it's a good workout. Sometimes I have her sit on my feet while I am on a chair and raise my legs up off the floor.

Point is you get exercise and quality time with the kids.
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Its funny you mention getting exercise with the kids my son who is 7 saw me doing my workout last sat and later that night he was lying down on the floor and I says to him what on earth are you doing and he told me I am trying to make my arms strong like you mum so that I can help you get fit and do my workouts with you so you dont get lonely. He is such a sweety he was doing some weird kind of push up.
  • abetterme
    Options
    Good Morning Moms':flowerforyou:

How are we all doing this sunny Sunday morning:flowerforyou: .... I had all intentions of going to church this morning and all it takes to ruion that is a trip to the barn:noway: :grumble: The drain in the milk house is plugged and then the barn cleaner wouldn't run right either and to top it off while getting cows back in the barn this morning we had one that didn't want to go back in and it took 4 of us to get her back in the barn:angry: oh well now by the time everything was done we had like 15 minutes to get to church and that doesn't include breakfast or showers, so I guess we will try next week. Hoping to get bookwork done today, got a good start on it yesterday so hopefully it will be done today.

I have done really good on my eating but I need to figure out something to get myself going on my exercising. Well I need to get going so I will chat with ya all later.

HUGS:flowerforyou: