Low Calorie Food Ideas

Options
Hello Everyone,

Do you have any low calorie food ideas that are filling?? I have lots of the "100 Calorie Packs" But what are some good low calorie foods for meals???

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    I love my egg white omelet with tons of veggies. The add salsa on top. For treat, you can even add turkey bacon (35 cal/slice). This is my favorite breakfast. :happy:
  • audradanielle
    Options
    I love baby carrots and hummus, or even cucumbers and hummus. I find veggies more filling than pre-packaged snacks. I love chips, but always eat too many. So eating crunchy veggies does the trick for me! Also, oil popped popcorn with some sea salt is pretty low calorie and very tasty!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese, apples, low fat string cheese, yogurts and protein shakes :-)
  • audradanielle
    Options
    As far as meals go, I try to incorporate black beans, tuna, veggie burgers, veggies, brown rice, quinoa, rice pasta, or a baked sweet potato to my meals. These foods always fill me up and are lower in calories with lots of nutrition!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Veggies! Low in calories, packed with nutrients and fiber and filling! What is better than that? Adding protein to it!
    A big hunk of a lean white fish or mound of shrimp! You can have a HUGE plate of veggies & fish for less than 200 calories!

Edit to add:
    Veggies can be prepared different ways to change texture and taste.... grill, roast, steam, stir fry, etc.
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    these ideas sound yummy
  • Andeenero
    Andeenero Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This wikipedia pages has a list of VLC foods:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_calorie_food
  • jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You all are awesome! Thank you. I will be heading to the grocery store TONIGHT!!! I forgot about alot of the things you all mentioned. Thanks a million!!!
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Gosh where do I start...I agree with the above, veggies with hummus. Hummus is an aquired taste but I love the garlic one. Fruits can be high in calories but are good for you. Just eat in moderation. I love eggs, Kashi bars, 110 cal bagels with 90 cal tub of strawberry cream cheese and Kashi cereal with Almond milk for breakfasts. I do Smart Ones, Oscar Mayer flatbread sandwiches-310-330 cals, same bagels with turkey and Laughing Cow spreadable cheese for lunches. Dinners can be anything...pork tenderloins, steaks, turkey bratwursts along with beans, rice or potatoes. Snacks are 60 cal cheese sticks, pita chips, yogurt with fruit, goodness knows bars, almonds, fruit snacks.

Its all about portion control for me. I still enjoy all the great things in life but just do it in moderation. My diary is public if you wanna check out anything I have ate.
    Hope this gives you some ideas.

Jessica
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    This is just my own personal opinion....but I avoid snacking on the 100 calorie packs. It is processed food and they don't satisfy your hunger...they may just make you hungrier and want to snack more because they aren't satisfying your hunger. Only foods with fiber will help you fill full, and will help your craving to snack all day (along with drinking lots of water!). Some of my favorite low-calorie foods/snacks are:

* Sliced Gala Apple with (1) TBSP of Smart Balance Peanut Butter
    * Fiber Selects Crackers with (1) Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
    * (1) Cup Berries (top with Light Whipped Cream for an extra treat!) :happy:
    * Banana
    * 100 Calorie Popcorn (Mini Bag)
    * (1) Cup of Cantelope
    * 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese with 1/2 Cup Fruit (I don't like it mixed...just eat them separately)
    * Fiber One 90 Calorie Bar or Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Bars

Hope this helps you!
    Kim
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Try to use your crockpot. you can let chicken go all day in a half a packet of taco seasoning (get low sodium or make your own) and cover the breast (boneless,skinless) with water. let it rip on low while you are at work. Come home, shred the chicken and you have chicken taco filling. I have started using iceburg lettuce leaves instead of shells to save tons of cals and it adds a nice summer crispness. Throw some avacado on the taco for good fat with great creamy taste and you are home free. :heart:
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    PB2! Enjoy peanut butter without all the fat and cals.

Pop Chips

Pretzel Crisps

Mini Brie Bites