Christian view on eating group

Options
Vladaar
Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
edited November 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Good morning, I started a new private group for any that might be interested. I know many members will be clicking woo on this concept but Ive never been one to worry much about what others think. Its very much in construction phase I keep it updated as time permits.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123417-christian-view-on-eating

Description
A wholesome place where you dont have to be attacked by people demanding proof regarding anything contradicting mainstream FDA regulations, lobbyists, etc. Here we believe the Lord Almighty created food perfectly and man has since fouled it up with hybird versions of wheat, processed foods, chemicals, roundup sprays, pasteurization, etc.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You're doing the right thing by starting a private group. Discussing religious/political topics in the main forums is against the rules. I hope you find like-minded people to join you. Best of luck! As for me, I like some modern day foods better (corn and bananas come to mind), so i'll stick to that.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I attended an SDA college. Lived in an SDA town. I appreciate the sentiment, but I've had my fill of religious "health message" no matter how well-intentioned.
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree that additives aren't a good thing, some processing is, but we would have to raise our own livestock and grow our own food in a virtual utopia to prevent cross contamination and let's face it, that isn't going to happen. I can't keep a dandelion in my front lawn alive much less an entire garden.. And if you really want original, reread that verse posted.. We were meant to eat plants, not animals.. We weren't given permission to eat meat until Noah's time in Genesis 9:1-5. So this idea of Keto being the "natural state" is fouled.. From a Christian perspective. From an atheist's perspective it would make more sense.

Besides, I don't know how to make cheesecake without borrowing mans processed helpers like cream cheese. I'm not Amish..
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The group I believe is intended to be private. I imagine the organizers will privately invite potentially like minded individuals based on their contributions to threads like these.
  • Laveesha
    Laveesha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I am definitely a Christian and I definitely don't share your views, but they're doing something for you so good luck. I just don't see blatantly pushing them on the rest of the eating world.
  • Vladaar
    Options
    Sorry if wasn't clear the name of the Group is Christian View on Eating.
  • Joben
    Joben Posts: 350 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hello all,

We wanted to post a friendly reminder that it is unacceptable to attack another user for religious views or any other beliefs. Please be respectful towards all groups or individuals per our Community guidelines:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body-type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you come across any issues regarding a discussion, you can simply report the post instead of trolling or attacking others within the thread.

Thank you!
  • Vladaar
    Options
    Thanks Joben!