New, PCOS diet tips, want to tone up at home

Options
Hi, my name is CJ & I live in Albuquerque. I'm 30yrs old & have PCOS, which makes weight loss a struggle for me. I was hoping to meet others who have some experience with this and can offer some diet advice. I've lost 44lbs since April, but not in a healthy way. Due to an immense amount of stress I basically stopped eating and am still struggling to find an appetite 7 months later. I have to force myself to eat most days. I also would like to tone up my arms, stomach, and back at home because I cannot afford a gym membership right now, and even if I could, I don't understand how to use most machines. I'm not incredibly worried about losing more weight. If I lost another 20-25lbs, cool. If not, as long as I can tone up, it doesn't matter to me. Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer & I look forward to meeting some new people here!

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi. I also suffer from PCOS. Have you tried any exercise dvds? I found I got a lot of benefit from that (I really should get back to it). Lately I have been walking around the park near my house and dancing (my friend and I have choreographed our own dance sequence )
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. This didn't really affect my weight loss. I ate healthy 80/20. I exercise for at least 30 mins 5 days a week. The only thing I hated was when I lost a certain amount the extra hormones the fat in my body was holding would release and for a while I would have a period every couple of weeks or spot bleeding.