170LB loss, before and after!

Options
Hey community!
My name is Victoria, I’m 25 years old and I’ve basically struggled with my weight since I was a teen. Although I was never drastically overweight, I was always bigger than everyone else growing up. When I was 20 things went drastically down hill and had a rapid weight gain over a span of a year. I got up to 387 lbs and being 5’4 that was morbidly obese! After having a scare in the hospital I decided to wake up and take control of this! Eating disorders don’t just affect those afraid of food but those who can’t stop eating — that was my problem. I was a closet eater and turned to food for anything. It took me about 2 years to lose 150 lbs and then I became obsessed with working out, I love how it made me feel. Because I lost so much weight I was left with a ‘flap’ (as I called it) of excess skin — I had it removed (it weight 20lbs) — I hope this post serves as an inspiration to those struggling. It’s not easy, and so many times I just wanted to throw in the towel and give up - remind yourself who you’re doing this for and why and remember, you are your biggest competitor! Fight hard, work hard and crush those goals! yd6dyincvwwo.jpeg
ral7rrfe2ocq.jpeg

Replies

• EJBarner
    EJBarner Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing!! You look incredible!!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Awesome work looking good
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Astounding!

How was the surgery/recovery??
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Thanks so much for sharing your before and after pics. You are a true inspiration.
  • casseyann1987
    casseyann1987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you look great!
  • viclisbar
    viclisbar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @aeloine it wasn't too bad! I had my surgery on a Friday, the first three days were rough but by the monday I was up and walking on my own! Can't exercise for 6 weeks but as long as your up and walking around the healing process is fairly quick
  • l1bbylabel7
    l1bbylabel7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing transformation!
  • mimikuehn
    mimikuehn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You are my inspiration! Fabulous transformation <3<3 I actually have those same old navy pj bottoms. So comfy lol
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is amazing! Did you do this on MFP or some other program?
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal for total loss. You look healthy and happy - so inspirational!
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Thank you for sharing!!
  • ZedTop
    ZedTop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, thanks for sharing, very inspiring
  • aaiiee
    aaiiee Posts: 24 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I just came to say that you're a baddie! Keep rocking & flaunting! Proud of you mama!!!!
  • bafischer3
    bafischer3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Victoria I am so proud of you!! You look great!!!!!
  • Bkind2meAli
    Bkind2meAli Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!Great job!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!