Looking for new friends on the Keto diet!

Options
2»

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    For anyone wanting more info on Keto I'd suggest checking out MarksDailyApple.com. He's recently written a book called Keto Reset so there have been several really informative blog posts over the past few months that may answer some of the 'nitty-gritty' questions.
  • lindsayerickcgl
    lindsayerickcgl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm starting in the morning:)
  • SkinnyRitzy
    SkinnyRitzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I started a week ago. I've only lost 5 lbs since and my body holds on to fat like a rock climber hanging on for dear life. I wish us all success on this journey. :)
  • LizzayTowery
    LizzayTowery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me! I've been doing it for almost a month now. But would love some real people to talk to about it!
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    First day was a success. My total carb intake was 32g. I even lost some weight but I am sure that was from a few days (3lbs). Feeling good so far and no major cravings. I did get a little hangry yesterday but I hadn't packed any snacks. I have court all day so although I brought some snacks not sure I'll be able to eat them. Hoping to maybe grab some nuts on the way.
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto since August. So far I'm down 27lbs in that time frame. I still have another 35 pounds to go. I have combined keto with alternate day fasting to get the weight off. Doing keto alone had the weight crawling off so slow. I'm going to start exercising soon now that my knees and hips are not hurting so much. Feel free to add me, I plan for this to be a life style change.
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    First day was a success. My total carb intake was 32g. I even lost some weight but I am sure that was from a few days (3lbs). Feeling good so far and no major cravings. I did get a little hangry yesterday but I hadn't packed any snacks. I have court all day so although I brought some snacks not sure I'll be able to eat them. Hoping to maybe grab some nuts on the way.

Sounds like a good first day. I eased myself into low carb. Starting at 50g, then 40, then 30 and now I aim for 10-20g a day. I think it helped to ease up the Keto flu everyone talks about. Also male sure you supplement your salt, potassium and magnesium.
  • Indyzgirl
    Indyzgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying the keto diet but I want to try the healthier approach ,not eating pounds of bacon, red meat or cheeses haha. I have to look up the diet. You can add me if you like. it might help me out too
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi! Anyone who wants to add me please do. Hi, I Just started last week, I'm not new to the concept but really only my second time time a low carb diet. I've lost 7lbs, would like to have Keto friends for support. I'm not sure if this diet in for me long term wise, but I'd like to try it for a month or two so would appreciate some support and guidance. :)
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,837 Member
    Options
    I started 7/17/17 at 167.5, this morning I was 152. I pretty much stalled out for about a month or more, hanging between 155 and 156. It’s different for everyone. At 67, I’ll take what I can get (Or in this case, lose.)

I was doing IF before I knew it had a name. I’ve never been a breakfast eater - just coffee. Now I put 2T each of coconut oil and HWC plus a little stevia in my first cup (12 oz mug) of coffee and don’t get hungry for hours. We eat one meal a day and then I might have a fat bomb or spoonful of natural PB in the evening.

My favorite Keto book is The Everything Guide to the Ketogenic Diet by Lindsay Boyer’s, CHNC. I had it from the library for 6 weeks before I decided to buy a copy. TONS of recipes!
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @scottma3 Read the pinned post at the beginning of the community/challenges list. It forbids advertising. That said, I would try your sample but will not provide a credit card. Once burned twice shy.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Right on!

I've been doing keto just shy of 3 months, and LOVE it! I'd welcome more keto friends.
  • seasong
    seasong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Aqualang, I am following a Keto lifestyle as well. Lost 8.8 lbs in 3 weeks and v happy with my level of satiety and overall well-being compared to the constant hunger I felt on low fat diets. Happy to be your MFP friend!
  • BeamingBadass
    BeamingBadass Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm Keto!
  • DaynaYvonnaBeNiceToYourself
    Options
    You can add me as well. I am using this to get the hang of counting carbs. I struggle with counting. Being gluten-free helps me keep out some carbs, but I can still find them if I am not careful. :D<3
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    Not to be a negative Nelly, I realized yesterday that lots of people have lost lots of pounds on Keto and then stopped and regained only to start again, myself included. I’m looking at this as a lifestyle change not a diet. Eventually I will add SOME carbs back but only enough that I stop losing and maintain. I believe our minds think “oh, a diet. I’ll lose xx pounds then I can eat whatever I want.” Think Keto lifestyle, not diet.