BREASTS. how to live with this...

After many years of yo-yo dieting and after having child and breastfeeding my breasts are in an awful condition. After I started dieting 2 month ago and lost 6kg, situation became much worse. My breasts are empty and look towards the floor. I am getting so upset, that I can not go without bra even at home.
And I still need 10 kg to loose.
How to live with this situation? I am 27 years old and want to have more kids i future + don't have money for operation.
I am 157 cm and 66 kg now. My maximal weight ever was 72 kg (BMI 30), which is not too big.
I saw my 70 years grandmother trying some clothes without bra and she still has full and good looking breasts, much better than I have...

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    The best I can tell you is that strength training and time can only improve them! I breastfed for 16 months and when I lost the weight afterwards I was pretty upset. But after continuing at the gym for another year or so it was/is so much better, I'm completely happy with them. Every one is different but just keep trying to reach your goals and good luck!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    I found the more weight I lost, the grosser they got, my husband always said put weight on!, that my breasts were way better when I was bigger. hmm.
  • CARoberts73
    CARoberts73 Posts: 71 Member
    Yep. In the same boat, except I'm a lot older (40SOMETHING) :wink: so I just kind of take it as par for the course. I marvel at women who can't wait to take their bra off when they get home. Those days are long gone here, that sucker is my BFF.
  • ulookyhere
    ulookyhere Posts: 3 Member
    I had my child at 28 (I'm much older now). I thought my body was WRECKED. But - although your body might not look exactly like it used to pre-child, it will get lots better. Give it some time. It takes a bit for it to snap back to something that looks more normal, so don't get discouraged!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    That's what bras are for! I went from 38D to 32/34 B. I always wear bras and the idea of going without at home is completely foreign to me.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    OP, if it makes you feel better I wouldn't have dared go without a bra the first two years after pregnancy/breastfeeding and then losing the weight. Now it's abnormal for me to even wear one at all, lol. I haven't worn one with underwire in months, only bralettes at work when needed (and only because I need my patients to pay attention to what I'm saying to them without distraction).
  • nani7722
    nani7722 Posts: 25 Member
    No, it doesn't make it better.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Your skin has had virtually no time to shrink if you just started losing weight. It can take a couple of years for it to shrink back as much as it is going to. It is way too early to fret over this.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    I had my baby 3.5 years ago and breastfed. yes they looked at the floor for a while. But after a while they perk back up. otherwise, their just breasts, that as many have said don't define you. Get a push up bra and call it a day. :-) And at home I say F it and don't wear one because well frankly they aren't really that comfy and the girls like to breathe. :-)
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    If they are “big” enough your insurance may cover a reduction during which time they will reshape them. Talk to a surgeon.
  • nani7722
    nani7722 Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you. I have cup C-D at the moment.
    I will give some more time for my skin to shrink, anyway at the moment I can not do radical things. I will try to moisturize skin more often, workout and buy nice lingerie for home, so I don't get upset))

It was nice to be heard and understood. thank you ladies, for comments and support
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    If you lift weights, especially chest and back exercises, it will help.
    I have been avoiding deflation by having a very jagged weight loss, gaining 5 for every 10 pounds lost.
    But also I have dense breasts. That's genetics.
    Invest in great bras and wear clothes that flatter you, in the way that makes you like how you look.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    I had a degree of asymmetry secondary to a) nature and b) only being able to sustain a supply of milk from one breast.

In total, I breast fed my children 2 for a total 4 years when I was aged 22 - 26.

I wore a bra day and night during this time and in the years that followed. I wore two ‘chicken fillet’ silicone pads on the small side.

I saw a plastic surgeon who offered to ‘fix’ my breasts for $10, 000.

I couldn’t afford it. My mind was obsessed with hiding my deformity. Eventually I was diagnosed with body dysmorphia.

I joined a really positive exercise group (roller derby). As I got fitter the imbalance lessened. I only needed one ‘fillet’ stuffed in my bra. Then just a little padding.

And then after a while, with pec development, better posture, a little fat resettling my boobs didn’t seem so bad.

Now I am okay with them. Really.

There is some asymmetry still, but I cannot tell if it was really so disastrous due to the body dysmorphia I suffered.

I do know I obsessed about my tits to the point of devastation (there are worse things to have problems with, I have that perspective now).

I also suspect the surgeon would have cut me open regardless of the seriousness of my ‘problem’. I’m grateful I couldn’t afford it at the time although then I thought my life was over.

Everyone who’s seen my boobs lately (I’m 36 now) has nice things to say.

- give it time, let them settle
    - Consider if your perspective is skewed
    - You’re allowed to mourn your old shape, but move on at some point

Xxx
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    Consider having a professional bra fitter (many department stores offer this service) and get the right size bra. Yes, you might have to do it again in 3 months after you lose some more weight but it's definitely good for your boobs and better for your posture. It's worth the money to get the right support throughout the dieting process. If your bra band size has gone down, you aren't getting enough support and the weight of your breasts will continue to allow sagging.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 600 Member
    I have a similar concern for my bust as I age and lose weight. I haven't even had to breastfeed but genetics are a BlTCH. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight due to a highly active job, they looked like empty leather sacks.
    I got fitted for bras twice before my wedding last year. Once by a clueless child and once by what seemed to be an experienced professional. The bras they brought me to try were TORTURE. Way too tight for daily life. 'The 1830s called and they want their corsets back' sort of tight. I should probably try again, as my band size has shrunk for sure. But the previous experiences were not encouraging. I ended up paying way too much for the least horribly torturous bra they showed me. I hope you have better luck, OP.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Hi nani, I have small breasts as well and definitely look best with a smart bra, so what? In my opinion, the less attention you give to a complex, the less importance it will have in your daily life. So please stop judging yourself or comparing yourself to others, it brings nothing good.

Buy some nice, well fitting bras, get some outfits together that make you feel good, and focus of that instead of whatever shortcoming your think your breasts might have. You are losing weight, you have got your first child, life is good; needing a bra is a detail