Social Media friends?

Options
amandaeve
amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
I'm curious how many sites you all have friends on? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, whatever else and then the sport-specific mfp, Garmin, Strava, mapmyride, etc, etc. Do you have the same friends on each account, or different? Do you tend to post different or the same stuff?

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    FB is people I actually know through my life.
    I use Instagram and have contact with people all over the world, mostly tennis related. Met a few travel around the globe too, which is amazing.

Mostly my IG feed Facebook. I don't really go to FB much ever. Too much drama and BS.

Some other trashy sites I am on anonymously. Those aren't about friends.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    I'm curious how many sites you all have friends on? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, whatever else and then the sport-specific mfp, Garmin, Strava, mapmyride, etc, etc. Do you have the same friends on each account, or different? Do you tend to post different or the same stuff?

I test out my material on all of them.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I use facebook and have 3 friends that I met from here
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have friends on Instagram and Facebook...they are all my actual friends and family...we are spread out all over the states and abroad, so it's one of the ways we keep in touch and share our goings on, pictures of kids, etc.

I have friends on Strava...my coach and his wife along with a handful of other people that are my friends and into fitness...mostly runner friends and cycling friends.

MFP is the only site I'm on that none of my actual friends or family are on and all of my "friends' are really just random internet people...
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have facebook for close friends and family I don't even have the app on my phone. I rarely post anything. Maybe a handful of times a year

Mfp I have like 6 friends because that's all that have sent me requests.
  • KiskaVedma
    KiskaVedma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mostly Facebook. One girl added me years ago from a makeup group and now, 3 years later, she’s going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I don't do Twitter, but I share stuff to Tumblr, Instagram and FB. Sometimes the content is a bit different, sometimes it's the same. I have a small following, but they are mostly outlets to share various things. IE. FB is more family/personal friend oriented so would have more pictures of my kid and our house, whereas the other two (Instagram and Tumblr) are more art/craft/food oriented or documenting weird things I find or places I visit. I try to keep less personal information/images on those two because of how they are used.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I rarely look at twitter. I follow some AP and just one reporter, whom I may soon decide to block just because she posts too much inane drivel. I don't instagram, tumblr, or whatever the latest thing is. My facebook is mostly relatives and old school classmates, but I also have a few former coworkers, politicians and titans of finance and industry. Oh, but that titan of industry is a personal friend, too. <-- Which is an endorsement of people doing the hard work of becoming and being an engineer. I knew him when he was an individual contributor at Mostek and now he's a CEO in Silicon Valley.
  • trishmac8457
    trishmac8457 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »

Very different posts and friends. 95 percent people I know I facebook. 7000 plus people I don't know on IG. I have a small amount of friends on here all of which I have never met in person.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I use MFP, FB, and Strava. Nearly all of my Strava connections use MFP but I think only 1 of them are connected to me in both apps. FB is completely separate.
  • friendlygirl316
    friendlygirl316 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use FB the most, use IG to share photos to several sites, and rarely use Snapchat and Bitmoji.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have FB for friends and family and my two business endeavours have their own pages that I manage. I also manage the FB page for my home Parkrun for volunteer points. Plus I play Words With Friends on FB. Although I have been without Internet for a week now and don't have anything on my phone except MFP.
    I have a Twitter account but rarely use it, if at all. Same with LinkedIn. That is purely business though and don't have many friends there. Although funnily enough that is the place I am hit on the most. Boggles the mind
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    If you consider MFP 'social media' then I use that obviously, I'm on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook is strictly only people I 'actually' know (real life people.) Twitter I use that just to 'anonymously' give my thoughts or feedback on things like news stories, political commentary, celebrity news/gossip, etc. My Twitter followers are people who give interesting opinions, like the same tv shows/music as I do, lean more my way politically. I don't follow people whose only response to anything is something juvenile like "haha, your mom!".

I've never been on Instagram or Snapchat (didn't even really know what that was at first.)
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    This is the only social media I have and it's toxic enough. Don't need any more.
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    This is the only social media I have and it's toxic enough. Don't need any more.

Same here!
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    My facebook is filled with friends and people I have actually met or in the same community organizations as me. I have a few close friends already on MFP, which is how I started. Those few have been on my facebook since beginning. Besides those, I haven't been on MFP long enough to obtain that type of friendship here yet.

I try to post health/weight/fitness related topics on my messages profile. But, yes, sometimes I will post that on facebook as well. Just depends on the day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Facebook, my fitness pal. I don't use twitter or anything else.
    I don't post to friends in either place really but would not post about my weight on facebook. I do not link social media accounts.
  • WispyBlue
    WispyBlue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Facebook for friends and family, IG for showcasing the best parts of my life, Twitter for ranting and arguing with strangers
  • st_martn
    st_martn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I pretty much use this and Twitter.