I'm new to blogs/discussion boards...how do I even introduce myself?

Options
I am new to Fitness Pal and blogs and boards...but not new to trying to get fit. How do I get started and get the most of the community involved with MFP?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I think a good way is to look for subjects that you're interested in and begin participating in conversations around those topics. Whether it's food or fitness or support/motivation, we have areas for all kinds of discussions.
  • jenstackhousemoore
    Options
    So there are blogs, which requires one to set up a page and then post whenever and folks read and there is this community page which is just finding areas of interest and chiming in w/o anyone knowing my story?
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jen! You did just introduce yourself. :)

Take some time to read the stickied threads at the top of each sub-forum. There is already a ton of good info here and reviewing those threads will give you a good feel for what is already here.

If you want to track food and exercise, click on the Home tab at the top of the screen, where you can set up your goals. It's really easy.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    So there are blogs, which requires one to set up a page and then post whenever and folks read and there is this community page which is just finding areas of interest and chiming in w/o anyone knowing my story?

You can fill in a bit more about yourself on your profile page (although you'd only see this on the web version not the app)
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I will piggyback on OPs question... How do I add a friend?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    dailyzey wrote: »
    I will piggyback on OPs question... How do I add a friend?

click on their profile and select "send friend request"...they have to then confirm you.
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Frankly, if your first post gets janejellyroll, tinkerbellang83, and cwolfman13 to reply, you've made a great start at finding the best way to get the most out of the community involved with MFP.
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I got started on here 3 months ago I started by reading a lost of threads and joined challenges where you often share a bit about yourself and are posting as you work through the challenge. I've also added friends who are doing similar diets or at about the same place as me in their weight loss journey. Once you have a group of friends they become your support group.