Insanity - How do I record my exercise?!

Options
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the site, and I'm really excited. I do have a question... I am doing Insanity, and I dont know how to record that in my exercise. I have only been on here for a few days, so I've been using Aerobics - High Impact. If you are not familiar Insanity is a lot of cardio and plyometrics. Any ideas?.... Thank you!

Replies

• evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is the best way to go. People's calories burned on Insanity (I and lots of my friends do it, too) vary SO greatly it's...insane. My friend and I did the same exact workout today. He burned 1120 cals and I burned just over 400. It's crazy, and mfp's calories are not very accurate for their exercises. That being said, I've seen people log it as circuit training and aerobics high impact depending on the exercise.
  • LosinMama2b
    Options
    Before I had an HRM (heart rate monitor) the MFP High-Impact Cardio thing is what I would use too....its pretty decent on calorie counts when you're doing the high cardio workout days, but on recovery and fit test days its not so much...so just be aware that when you use it, count the fit test days and the cardio recovery days as less calories burned (for me its about half regular days).

Now that I have an HRM, I just made a custom exercise called Insanity (or Cardio Recovery or Fit Test) and just plug in the time and the calories my HRM gives me.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I created an exercise for my insanity workouts in my "exercise" tab, and then logged each one individually. The problem with doing it that way is that unless you have a HRM, you won't know the number of calories you're burning, so you won't be able to input it. If you don't, I would definitely think that Aerobics/High Impact is accurate. Good luck to you! I finished Insanity two weeks ago. I wrote a letter to Shaun T in my blog, thanking him and cursing him. When the weather cools down a little, I'm going to go back to it. Right now, I'm back at the YMCA. It's just too hot in my house to even think about taking on Shaun T.
  • masa14h
    masa14h Posts: 1
    Options
    hello :happy:
    have a good time here
  • DiaJones
    Options
    Thank you for all the great responses! I think I will be getting a heart rate monitor!:smile:
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great responses! I think I will be getting a heart rate monitor!:smile:

Good idea! I never thought I would need one, and now don't know how I'd live without one!