Best tasting protein shakes?

Options
Considering incorporating protein shakes into my diet to get to my protein goal- tried a cheap food lion shake and it makes me feel sick! What do you guys like to drink?

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I found the ready-to-drink (RTD) Premier Protein shakes are as drinkable as the reviews make them out to be.

The problem, for me, is they are too good - I could easily drink more than one and they are not cheap; not even with a coupon when there is one. Also, tasty, but thin. Easy to still be hungry after drinking one.

As such, I have found I prefer a borderline one - palatable but not delicious. Seem to be a bit better at telling my brain that yes, indeedy, I just dumped 170 calories into my belly. I also find I don't want more than the one/day if they are not like liquid candy (I'm looking at you, Caramel and Vanilla flavors of Premier).

Right now, since there's a decent coupon for, Pure Protein powder is filling the ticket. Drinkable, but not great, and I don't want another one at any point during the day. I am eyeing trying Integrated Systems once the current coupon window ends on.

Yea, maybe I should care more about source and ingredients. Not so much at the moment...
  • Dreamtime407
    Dreamtime407 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have tried many. My nutritionist said to look for 20 gms of protein and watch the sugar. I like Terra’s Whey. Mixes very smooth. I have tried many vegetable based but I have found them gritty. Still looking for a good one. The above mentioned Premier is good too. Terra’s Whey I have found at Whole Foods. Premier at Costco and I think Target.
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like Myprotein impact whey strawberry and cream. It is my dessert after gym :)
  • angelagwilliams
    angelagwilliams Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey, vanilla.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    ProJym. Mint chocolate chip was underwhelming. Red Velvet Cheesecake is pretty good. Chocolate Mousse is awesome. Equal parts red velvet and chocolate mouse is next level god like.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, so I need to stick with a vegan protein shake. I've tried quite a few, and the best tasting one to me is Orgain Chocolate (don't get vanilla...it's awful). When blended with ice cubes and unsweetened vanilla almond milk, it's pretty decent. The price point is also really good.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I bought vega; it tastes alright for a vegan protein powder, but since I bought it I haven't really been using it and hit my protein goals anyways. Check out PB2; I love it, it's just peanut butter with most of the fat removed, so it's got about 5 g protein per 45 calorie serving. Not super high in protein, but it's also a whole food that tastes delicious.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    timtam163 wrote: »
    I bought vega; it tastes alright for a vegan protein powder, but since I bought it I haven't really been using it and hit my protein goals anyways. Check out PB2; I love it, it's just peanut butter with most of the fat removed, so it's got about 5 g protein per 45 calorie serving. Not super high in protein, but it's also a whole food that tastes delicious.

I agree with pb2 but i use peanut flour instead :p same stuff just more customizable and cheaper :p Delicious high protein option i eat a few little bowls of peanutbutter a day lately xD
  • dustorm993
    dustorm993 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iso pure low carb protein shake- Dutch chocolate mixes well with almond milk and it's pretty good.