Any celiacs??

Options
Hi everyone,
I just joined MFP and I am so excited! I'm writing down the foods I plan on eating so I can check to see if I'll be on track for the day. But as a celiac, I'm definitely having a hard time getting the right balance. Obviously my carbs are low (is that a bad thing?), but in general things seem to be out of wack.
Is there anyone gluten free on here whose diary I can see? I'm really needing some inspiration and guidance on how to make sure I have a balanced GF diet.

Thanks!!! Looking forward to getting some great ideas.

Replies

• Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Celiac....you're welcome to befriend me if you like.:smile:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Not Celiac, but gluten intollerant.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Gluten Intolerant
  • StanMcCullars
    Options
    I'm also Celiac.
  • frosty09
    Options
    I'm gluten intolerant so there will be some things off limits to you in my diary. I'm also vegetarian so my proteins are usually low but you are welcome to view! Good luck!
  • 410teach
    Options
    I'm a celiac! Diagnosed two months ago, just started getting the hang of it. I don't know if you had this problem, but my guts were so damaged that I was eating like 4,000 calories a day to compensate for not absorbing efficiently. Then I went gluten free, didn't change the amount I was eating, and gained 10 pounds the first month! Doing much better now. I joined to track what I was eating to get a better sense of what's normal. I'm brand new here too, but have two days' worth you could check out.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    just sent the friend request!

i'm gluten free and love to snack so im constantly trying to come up with new foods and combinations!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    i have celiacs. feel free to friend (put 'celiac' in the request) and you'll have access to my diary.

been gluten free for 3.5 years now. happy to help anyone who needs assistance in adjusting to the lifestyle.
  • bowae
    bowae Posts: 1
    Options
    My whole family is celiac. I just joined, so my diary won't tell you much, but my family eats a lot of fruits and vegetables, rice, and beans to keep our carbohydrate levels higher. We have also found a lot of good gluten-free bread options like Udi and rice pastas. Feel free to message or friend me if you have any questions!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Celiac up in here!

Feel free to friend me...actually...I'll friend you, it seems easier.
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Not a celiac, but suspecting I might be gluten sensitive, so trying out the gluten-free diet for a few months to see if it has any effect : ) Feel free to check out my diary (although I'm only just starting/trying to get a hang of it myself!)
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    i'm celiac
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I'm Celiac, and I eat a Paleo style diet (meaning roughly 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carb). You can change your macros by clicking: My home tab, then goals, then change goals, then custom (to manually reset percentages). In this way, you can control what percentage of your calories come from what macro.