Hello and New to all this!

Options
I started working with a dietitian 2 weeks ago. Discovered my body type diet (???), whatever but I'm a kidney body type for those familiar. The first to weeks I started with those foods my body type works well with and pounds are already dropping off!

On Monday I begin the first two weeks of the south beach diet. I'm excited about that but I suck at planning most things, not just meals and snacks! That's my main intimidation point. So any recommendations on simple meals /snacks with easy prep and go is helpful!
Thank you
Bill

Replies

• dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Welcome. All you need is a calorie deficit to drop pounds. Glad you are liking the diet chosen for you. South Beach diet is pretty popular so you should have no problems finding ideas on the Internet or from your dietitian. Logging calories is easy to do but you must be accurate...most foods need weighed. I do plan several hours ahead of each meal and even log them before I eat them so I know where I am all day long as to the % of my total calorie limit. I save 15-20% for snacking. I follow no particular diet and eat a variety of small breakfasts from hot/cold cereals, toast, eggs, omelets, turkey sausage, regular bacon, yogurt, waffles, crepes. For lunches I eat protein of some kind and a low cal vegetable or fruit, cottage cheese, various salads/slaws, sandwiches, soups, tacos. For dinner I eat a meat/poultry/fish; potato, grain, pasta; vegetable w/butter or sometimes a stir-fry or casserole dish. I snack on things like fruit, veggies & dip, nuts, beef jerky, pork rinds, and no-sugar desserts like Jello, pudding, & ice cream. Not sure how much of those foods So. Beach allows...low carb isn't it? I eat slightly lower carbs and higher fats by nature. Keeping within a your calorie budget is the most important thing you can do, and I think it helps if you have a target number for each meal which keeps it simple.
  • zugmeister
    zugmeister Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My breakfast go-to is 3 sunny side up eggs and hashbrowns (from one potato + cheese grater) and about 1 tsp. butter. 364 calories.
    For lunch do a salad with one heart of romaine, one tomato, a handful of croutons and equal parts bacon ranch dressing (2Tbsp=100 calories vs. plain ranch where 2Tbsp=140calories) and Herdez Guacamole salsa (2Tbsp=60 calories). 358 calories and a salad worth eating! Leftover chicken / tuna works well mixed in btw.