Post baby weight . egg diet

Options
My baby was 9 lbs 1 oz. She is my second child . in doing a hard boiled egg diet . has anyone tried this !? I also do a apple cider vinager detox drink 30 mins before each meal. Also I eat 5 to 6 times a day. . every 2 to 3 hours ...
Breakfast
Snack
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
My snacks are always fruit or string cheese . or a hard boiled egg ..

Any comments suggestions or motivation .. I would love to hear it .. I'm down 3 lbs so far and been dieting 5 days then decided to try doing the egg diet 2 days now ..

Replies

• nikkiraeg1
    nikkiraeg1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    O and my name is nikki I'm 25 yrs old .. And a stay at home mom .
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You're more dedicated than me, I couldn't stand eating eggs that much. Especially hard boiled.
  • rachelopolis
    rachelopolis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound fun at all! Have you tried eating a normal diet, but just carefully keeping your daily calories under 1,500 or so (or whatever you need to lose a pound a week)? That's what I'm doing.

How old is your baby now?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Does this diet put you in a caloric deficit?
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    How old is your baby? Are you breastfeeding?

I personally wouldn't choose that diet if breastfeeding as it doesn't sound as if you'd be getting the right nutrients to support you and your baby. Your body would prioritise making quality milk but that could be at the expense of your own health, particularly if you aren't eating enough calories.

Secondly, I wouldn't choose that diet if looking after two young children, at least one of whom is a small baby, because I know how much energy being a mum uses up (especially when sleep deprived) and it wouldn't have got me through the newborn weeks/months. Be kind to yourself. Make sure you are getting enough energy and quality nutrients. Make that your number one priority above losing weight unless there is a very serious medical/life endangering reason to do so.

Thirdly, I wouldn't choose that diet at all because it sounds utterly depressing.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    nikkiraeg1 wrote: »
    Yeah .. But I put Louisiana hot sauce on them to change it up every now and then .. Also u only do it for 2 weeks. To jump start.. Saposidly u lose 10 lbs in that time. But we will see. Then ill be open for any suggestion on a new diet or challenge ..

You don't "jump start" anything - you aren't a car. Most of what you'll lose is water weight as you are eating lower carbs. Why not just start eating normally now?
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I mean you could eat eggs for 2 weeks and lose 10 lbs but it might just be water weight because you're not eating anything else. Do what others have said, try just doing a calorie deficit first and eat whatever foods you like in your budget. It'll be more sustainable that way, how much weight do you actually have to lose?
    I'll say from experience when I had my son I lost weight without doing any special diet I just ate a bit less than I normally would. Granted that wasn't on purpose but if you try it will work.
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki - congratulations on having your 2nd baby!! How old is she and are you breastfeeding? I ask because you need to give yourself time to recover from growing a human!! Also, if you're breastfeeding you need to eat more calories to sustain your milk supply and to keep yourself healthy while feeding her :smiley:
    Regarding the egg diet... I looked at a couple pages about it and it seems like it's just a high protein, very low carb & low calorie diet. You can eat that way without restricting yourself to eggs :wink: I agree with the above poster that that seems like a good way to start hating eggs (when I was in high school, I went on the Atkins diet and ate eggs soooo much that I developed quite an aversion to them - that was over 40 years ago and they're still not my favorite food, lol)
    Good luck to you with whatever you decide!!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday, and love them. However, ACV detoxes are woo. All detoxes are woo.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1

Also read through these:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

Weight loss is achieved through a calorie deficit. Don't torture yourself to get there OP.
  • nikkiraeg1
    Options
    My baby is 11 weeks . no I don't breastfeed
    . and what I am doing I consume 1300 calories with way my lunch and dinner is .. U don't only eat eggs . for example I ate baked chicken breast with fresh spinach last night.. No dressing just squeezed lemon on top of it .. Lunch I ate1/2 cottage cheese with pepper and oranges . . I drink water and coffee .. And the apple cider vinagee is 1 cup of water along with honey cinnamon cayane lemon and 2 tsp of acv. So its well diluted . . not rotting teeth !!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    . and what I am doing I consume 1300 calories with way my lunch and dinner is .. U don't only eat eggs . for example I ate baked chicken breast with fresh spinach last night.. No dressing just squeezed lemon on top of it .. Lunch I ate1/2 cottage cheese with pepper and oranges . . I drink water and coffee .. And the apple cider vinagee is 1 cup of water along with honey cinnamon cayane lemon and 2 tsp of acv. So its well diluted . . not rotting teeth !!

I hope you aren't so set in your ways that you won't take good advice! We're simply telling you that you don't need to do those things. You don't have to follow a certain diet. You can eat what you'd like, in a calorie deficit, and still lose weight. Please read those topics I posted. Good luck to you!
  • nikkiraeg1
    Options
    dinadyna21 wrote: »
    I mean you could eat eggs for 2 weeks and lose 10 lbs but it might just be water weight because you're not eating anything else. Do what others have said, try just doing a calorie deficit first and eat whatever foods you like in your budget. It'll be more sustainable that way, how much weight do you actually have to lose?
    I'll say from experience when I had my son I lost weight without doing any special diet I just ate a bit less than I normally would. Granted that wasn't on purpose but if you try it will work.

Iv lost 20 lbs already eating less but I'm stuck and I just want to lose 20 to 25 more .. If I hit 150 ill be happy . my goal is 145 tho .. I got up to 1901
  • nikkiraeg1
    Options

and not doing anything else either.......theres nothing magic about what your adding to the water it's a sad marketing ploy to sell magazines...and acv

Well I know I don't have acid reflex lol that's a good thing .. Also I get a boost of energy from it .. .. I guess its all just personal experiences
  • nikkiraeg1
    Options

I hope you aren't so set in your ways that you won't take good advice! We're simply telling you that you don't need to do those things. You don't have to follow a certain diet. You can eat what you'd like, in a calorie deficit, and still lose weight. Please read those topics I posted. Good luck to you!

Thank you! I will!