Team RED: Lose 10 lbs in Aug Challenge

Options
Hello Red Team!!! I know we just started this challenge but I was just wondering how did everyone do for the first 500cal burns yesterday?? I did pretty good and ready to see what the rest of this week gonna be like. I gotta find something to do to burn 500 today. Tomorrow I am doing Zumba Toning. I am sooo excited and just ready to see some results!!! I hope everyone have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Kreutzy
    Kreutzy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the challenge for this week? Is it 500 for the entire week? Or 500 each day - all 7 days?
    I'm confused on that.....I've seen it both ways.
    Can anyone help?
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I burned my 500 + calories on yesterday. I'm excited too see how the rest of the week unfolds!!! Good Luck Red Team I know we're going to do AWESOME!
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    What exactly is the challenge for this week? Is it 500 for the entire week? Or 500 each day - all 7 days?
    I'm confused on that.....I've seen it both ways.
    Can anyone help?

It's a total of 3500 for the entire week.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I burned about 700 cals yesterday and today I've literally not stopped in the garden all day! I've logged some and it says 1300 burned but I wouldn't be suprised if it were more to be honest. I've still got to do day two of 30ds as well!
    Don't think I'll be able to move tomorrow lol!!
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I ran on the treadmill, picked a ton of apples (getting up and down the ladder a lot), and house cleaning. Not sure what I am doing today though. Good luck everyone!! Can't wait to see the scale at the end of the week.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i made my 500 for yesterday! and under on calories! now if yelling at stupid people who keep canceling my referrals so i dont get to see a surgeon burned as many calories as it should i'd be down 20 lbs just today! lots of anger...lots of anger haha
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Thats GREAT Ladies!! I think we all on a FRESH start!! Lets keep it up and show them how RED TEAM do!!!! :)
  • makaylaeakes
    Options
    Could I possible get in on this? I need a challenge and I would love to take this one with a group. I workout almost daily since I got my elliptical and zumba for my wii. Please get back to me about joining! :smile:
  • Kreutzy
    Kreutzy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    makayleaakes - you are welcome to take my spot on this team. I think the challenges are too much for me at the point I am at.
    Let me know if you want to take my spot
  • Lauren1983
    Options
    I don't think I can do 500 (even though what I naturally do probably does equal that). I run 3 miles 3 days a week. I do 30DS every day but that only burns like 160 calories or so. 500 is a very high number for me. I am active but still. Maybe next weeks challenge will be a bit more realistic for me.
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well I did great with 600 calories on the treadmill on Monday; I set up my laptop and commented on statuses here and played Farmville!!! Not going fast on the treadmill, just walking (with a quick jog on game load screens) but over an hour flew by so that added up to a good number.

Yesterday, I didn't get ANY exercise. :( Crazy day. Oh well. I will try to do better today.
  • fromwva
    fromwva Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    how do get on youre team...like it cause you have goals and push .I need that ..
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    how do get on youre team...like it cause you have goals and push .I need that ..

I can't believe it's nearing August already!!! Where did the time go??

We've been running a challenge for several months now. We've got several amazing members who have come along for the ride but we're missing something......

YOU!!!!

This is an open group -- you can enter whenever you find us. We roll with 3 team captains.

Tiffypooh2u -- A-H -- Team Blue
    Jrdoty8986 -- I-P -- Team Red
    SommerJo -- Q-Z -- Team Purple

They way it works --- Based on your Username -- send a friend request to the Team Captain who's got your letter. Make sure you include your starting weight. The Team Captain will add you to the chart. On Fridays (8/5,8/12,8/19,8/26) send your current weight to your Captain by message. Our Final Weigh in will be 8/31 - I know it's a Wednesday -- but that'll give us a few extra days to work towards the goal.

Between the 3 of us -- we'll come up with a nifty weekly challenge too.

"But there's so many challenges on MFP - Why should we join yours SommerJo??"

Because you're right here -- reading this right now. How many times have we said -- "well I'll start my diet on Monday -- or next week or next month?" How many times do we not start exercising because "I'm going to buy that DVD or treadmill or gym membership?"

LOL -- I know what you're thinking --"wow -- she's good!!"

Hope to see you all in the group

Your team leader which is Tiffy Pooh is on vacation right now but just send her a msg and see will it be ok if you can still join the Aug challenge. This week challenge is to loose 3500 calories for this week which is 500cal/day!! Dont forget to send your weight when you send her your friend request.
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    @Lauren do you like to dance. I burn A LOT of calories just by dancing, latino, line dancing, zumba etc for about 45-60mins a day!!! But DONT push yourself if you dont think you can handle it. But you would be amazed at how times fly when you are dancing and having fun. Just basically have fun with working out. Find something fun that you like to do. I hope this will help you out and get you going!!
  • Lauren1983
    Options
    @Lauren do you like to dance. I burn A LOT of calories just by dancing, latino, line dancing, zumba etc for about 45-60mins a day!!! But DONT push yourself if you dont think you can handle it. But you would be amazed at how times fly when you are dancing and having fun. Just basically have fun with working out. Find something fun that you like to do. I hope this will help you out and get you going!!

I run 3 days a week, 3-4 miles each time and do 30DS everyday. I am sure I burn 500 in doing my daily activities on top of exercising. No worries. The days I don't run I don't really have extra time to do more exercise than the 30DS. It's not a matter of endurance or energy - time is a factor. Anytime I can fit anything in, trust me, I do.
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    o ok!! I understand!!!
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did slim in 6, and ran on the treadmill.
  • Shaunna23
    Options
    I need to find the purple team!
  • mahjohweeee
    mahjohweeee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sorry team! I totally lost the link and didn't know of the 500 burn challenge... I'm down 7 lbs now.. but I've been keeping with aiming for 500 cals each time at the gym. Any idea if there's a Round 2 of this challenge? I dropped the ball this time.. and would like to have another chance next month!!! Thanks!