needs to lose 50lbs in 200lbs months or less

Options
Ok i needs to lose 50lbs to be eligible to get a sergery i needs. Doctor told me that i have 2 months to lose the weight. He wants to do the Sergey sooner like he wanted to do it tomorrow but due to my weight (476lbs)i am not eligible due to high risk.

I need to cut out mostly all carbs and have mostly protein. Can anyone give me meal ideas high in protein and low in carbs .

Replies

• bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hes setting up a dietician but i don't no how long I'm waiting to see them
  • Lesscookies
    Lesscookies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What are you eating now? Looks like your diary isn't open do you track what you're eating? How many calories are you consuming? Do you walk? I know even 30 minutes a day if you're able to will be good.
    What's your current height?
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    5'9 my diary should be open. I consume 2400 calories give or take each day. I walk a bit but going to have to more.
  • Lesscookies
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?
  • Lesscookies
    Options
    Also I can't see your diary is it open to the public? I'm on the mobile site, so it could be that as well...
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    I checked my settings it says it public. Not sure why its not letting yay see it.
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    Yes i own a food scale.
  • Lesscookies
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    5'9 my diary should be open. I consume 2400 calories give or take each day. I walk a bit but going to have to more.

Are you losing weight now? Give or take that could mean a lot of different things. If you're not being accurate in your tracking that could hurt you. How do you measure calories now? The food label can be off by 20% maybe even more.

• bjcrewe
    Options
    I am losing a pound every 2 days. Most days i do not go over 2400 calories it is rear that i do. I surly dont go over 2300.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If it's only temporary, and specifically to prepare your body for surgery, you can go much, much lower than you normally would otherwise.

It'll be hard, but you can probably cut to 1200 calories a day for that time without any adverse effects other than being really, really hungry.

Your doctor is trying to force your body to burn up your fasting fat stores, which are packed around your internal organs and are the first to be used up when you enter a deep calorie deficit. That fat is designed to sustain you when you're eating literally nothing.

The problem comes when you maintain that steep a deficit after that fat is gone and your body starts metabolizing muscle and large fat stores.
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you're losing 1lb every 2 days you're doing great on your own.

If you need to up that to 50lb in 2 months, only do that with a dietitian and MD following you. Doing it wrong could be extremely damaging, and doing it properly is very complicated.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink in a day?
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    davidylin wrote: »

2 - 3L of water a day some days more.

• davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    davidylin wrote: »

2 - 3L of water a day some days more.
    That's pretty good OP. If you're eating significantly less than you were before, you may need to drink more water than you did before as well. Hope you're doing well. If you need to lose 50 lbs in about 60 days, I wish you luck. You're already going to get the advice of a dietician and that's a really good thing. Follow their advice as closely as you can and remember to be proactive about _anything_ relating to your health.
    Losing 5/6th of a pound per day is a very aggressive weight loss schedule - please pay careful attention daily to how your heart beat is, how easy it is for you to breathe. Make sure you're eliminating (in the bathroom) on a normal schedule - pay attention to all of these things. Practice good self-care. Make sure you don't get too angry or sad, try to encourage yourself. Visit us here often. Walk and move around carefully, pay attention to what you're doing.

If you notice any sort of problem or issue with your body address it immediately - even a cut or a scrape - clean those and take care of them. Talk to your doctor or nurse if you notice anything unusual or amiss so they can evaluate if you need to have it looked at.

You're trying to do the hard thing, so let's be smart about it and do it the best way possible. It'll be a great two months!
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    I just hope its even possible it seems like alot to me to lose it 2 months.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You need to be working closely with your doctor, nurse, dietitian, and possible social worker too. I remember your other thread and your questions are beyond the scope of this forum. We don't know if you have any other conditions such as diabetes, heart trouble, or high blood pressure and what medications you are taking. We don't know if you have any allergies.

If you are going through the surgery it is unlikely that you will have it right after you lose the 50 pounds. Did the doctor mention which type? For example, the sleeve or the Roux-en-y?
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you cut to many calories a day you body will go into starvation mode and hold on to the fat you have because it doesn't know when it will get food again. This under the close supervision of a doctor and dietitian.

this is woo. do not listen to this person. there's no such thing as "starvation mode." The evolutionary "starvation mode" is to burn fat.

I repeat. Your doctor wants to to lose so quickly because when you're "starving" your body will burn the easily accessible fat deposits around your internal organs first.