Apple Watch and Fitbit discrepancy’s

Options
Please help! I have used a Fitbit charge Hr for 2 years religiously, It kept breaking so just purchased an Apple Watch 3. The difference in the exercise calorie I get back is crazy. For instance yesterday I worked out at gym for an hour, Did HITT for 20 minutes and steady state cardio for 45 minutes at the end of the day I had 15,000 steps and it only gave me 200 extra calories, When Fitbit would of given me about 500. I am set to Sedetary and to lose a pound a week and when I set up my Apple Watch I put my goal to move 540 calories which I am not even really sure what that equates too. I know everyone always says to eat only 75% of exercise calories back but what if you are only getting 180-200? Please help

Replies

• AmberGebell
    AmberGebell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello anybody!!!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah, the Apple Watch gives smaller amounts for steps and in fact if you have negative adjustments enabled even takes calories away (if you log any exercise in addition to steps). I’ve checked in here about it and *crickets* but at least I can tell you it isn’t just you.

I’m set to sedentary on MFP and here are some typical things I get:

vk8wk021w5sh.png

-
    -
    -

10yfoyif6k9d.jpeg
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I would trust the Apple Watch. Tend to be more accurate. FitBit tends to inflate calories.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    You're not supposed to post the same thing multiple times in different forums.
  • AmberGebell
    Options
    You're not supposed to post the same thing multiple times in different forums.

Well pardon me, You certainly didn’t have too read it again. Don’t know the rules, Shame on me
  • AmberGebell
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Yeah, the Apple Watch gives smaller amounts for steps and in fact if you have negative adjustments enabled even takes calories away (if you log any exercise in addition to steps). I’ve checked in here about it and *crickets* but at least I can tell you it isn’t just you.

vk8wk021w5sh.png

-
    -
    -

10yfoyif6k9d.jpeg
    ryenday wrote: »

vk8wk021w5sh.png

-
    -
    -

10yfoyif6k9d.jpeg
    Yep this is mine xoej2gmim36r.png
    up778v0g5rcp.png
    3gzwyd91o8bb.jpeg

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I didn't notice it was the same till I clicked through. I know about the Apple Watch and read the threads to see if I can be helpful.
  • dannybayliss696
    dannybayliss696 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cant even get fitbit to work with this . I've tried everything, any ideas anyone please ??
  • malinoj
    malinoj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have an Apple Watch 2 that I’ve been using for 11 months without an issue. In the last two weeks, I noticed MFP calorie counts for exercise are way off. Much lower than I’d expect. Here’s today’s example: kpu08wi67lpf.png
    mzz1uap8bwbu.png

So far I’ve walked 12.5 miles and MFP has my exercise calories at 306! This wasn’t strolling around, either. This was a quick, 4.5 mile pace for almost all of it. I’m not sure what happened, like maybe the last update screwed things up? But this kind of discrepancy was not happening before. Very disappointed.
  • athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Same thing happening here for me as well. I have an Apple Watch 3 that I just got within the last two weeks. Sometimes The step calorie adjustments are negative, and add up to the exact same amount as the exercise that is recorded through my Watch/Health app. Other times it’s a double posting under the step calorie adjustment Which leaves me with 0 cal earned from exercise. I never had these issues when I had a fit bit.

I have deleted and reinstalled MyFitnessPal. And sometimes it’ll give me a reading that seems right.

Lately when I open the app I’m directed to a page that wants me to set up my Apple Watch as my step counter. It wants me to go through the Health app source and select to give my fitness pal permission. Which I have done. It’s all so weird.