Ice cream !!

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    I just can't, I've tried a couple of flavors, and the texture and taste just aren't worth it. I feel like it's one of those things, where a couple of really healthy people talked about how awesome it is, and it's become this new trend for people to say how much they love it. It does not come even close to the taste of real ice cream, it has like a powdery taste, and you can taste the sugar alcohols in it. I thought the bryers version was better, but really only their cookies and cream is ok, but still doesn't compare to the real thing. Have a cup of good ice cream, and call it a day, instead of a pint of flavored gritty ice.

I used to have Halo Top too but then I had real ice cream again and, well... Maybe I'd take HT over Turkey Hill or Friendly's, but still, I can't ignore the aftertaste (strong for some flavor like salted caramel) and that weird feeling on my tongue.

I did like the Breyer's version better as I couldn't taste anything weird. Enlightened also tastes very artificial to me.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time recently. Mint chip is my favorite. Chocolate chip cookie dough was my least favorite; whatever artificial thing they put in the cookie dough left an awful aftertaste "burn" in my throat. I let it sit out and get really soft, and I find it satisfying. But I was not much of an ice cream eater to begin with, so I don't exactly compare it to the "real thing".
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to trying this when it hits the Uk in January (of course it would, to target all those people trying to get rid of the Christmas weight gain), but I am not interested in eating an entire pint, even if the calories are quite low, because I just cannot handle that much in my stomach anymore, lol. To think, I used to easily down a pint of Ben And Jerry's Cookie Dough.
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I keep Halo Top in my freezer all the time - well, most of the time. I'm currently eating Chocolate Mocha Chip. Black Cherry is my favorite.
  • theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just tried Skinny Cow ice cream Oh Fudge flavor. A little more calories but 1/2 pint 170 calories. Delicious!
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My local grocery store had some insane Halo Top sale a few weeks ago...it was like, if you buy 5 or more, they were only 1.99 each. Needless to say, I bought as much Birthday Cake and Vanilla as my poor freezer can handle.
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Koger has Low Cow brand very similar
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    There's ice cream, and there's Halo Top. Halo Top is Halo Top. Blue Bell No Sugar Added Ice Cream is Ice Cream. There's a world of difference. The only problem is, BBNSA is only offered in Vanilla.
  • biglouie7504
    biglouie7504 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    macclone wrote: »
    Where did you buy it?

Albert sons usually has it :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cookie is crazy indulgent. I was shocked.

I've tried every single flavor of every single low calorie ice cream ever made in the universe. The Enlightened Oatmeal is by FAR the best.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Wish these were all available in canada:( Having dental surgery tomorow and fully intend to live the healing time surviving on icecream. Calories be damned. These would make it less damaging XD
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    You should try Enlightened ice cream. Even better, IMHO.
  • angel88mil
    angel88mil Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    jaci66 wrote: »
    I keep Halo Top in my freezer all the time - well, most of the time. I'm currently eating Chocolate Mocha Chip. Black Cherry is my favorite.

Yummm black cherry sounds AMAZING!