Rainy day motivation!!!

Options
I need to move today but it's raining. Any help with ideas- what can I do at home ??
*currently staring out the window feeling completely de- motivated, drinking my green tea

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    I live in Ireland so this is often something I have to navigate my way around :lol:

There are thousands upon thousands of online workouts you can do, I like HASFIT & The BodycoachTV channels on Youtube which are free, have loads of options for all levels :
    • HIIT
    • Yoga
    • Pilates
    • Resistance Band Work
    • Bodyweight Exercises
    • Dumbell Exercises
    • Mobility Work
    • Kickboxing

or you could just try and stay active around the house, do some deep cleaning, sort out your wardrobe, etc.

Alternatively, you could just suck it up, throw a rain coat and wellies on and splash about in some puddles.
  • sunshine880
    sunshine880 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use fitness apps on my phone :) i like the runtastic series! They have lots of body weight workouts.

Otherwise, as @tinkerbelleang83 said:

Alternatively, you could just suck it up, throw a rain coat and wellies on and splash about in some puddles.

I usually find the thought of going out in the rain is is a million times worse than actually doing it! And it feels so good to come back inside again after the rain for a hot shower and tea :)
  • sba2018
    sba2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tbh i love running in the rain . over any other weather. makes you want go work quicker to get out of it. also helps with the cooling the body... call me crazy, but yeah i prefer it
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just squatting or lunges usually make me
    Feel better when I don't feel like heading to the gym. And throw in some various push ups.