Where can I get ezekiel bread that doesnt taste like cardboard

Options
princillaawuah
princillaawuah Posts: 13 Member
I can really use some suggestions. I have tried ezekiel bread and wasn't a fan but I do like the fact that they are low calories. Any suggestions on any brands that are tasty?

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Try "Dave's Bread" or Eureka Bread - Both are good, I wasn't crazy about Ezekiel Bread - Eastcoast Jim
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Fluffier thinner breads are lower in calories. Weight Watchers make low calorie bread.

If you like the nutritional profile from sprouted grain breads try the line of Squirrely breads.

I prefer a substantial bread that carries my sandwich. I like ryes and sourdough. If I am watching carbs or calories I make it open face.
  • Sinanthiel
    Sinanthiel Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have a sprouted multigrain bread that I really like. It's 160 calories for two slices, and it just tastes like a really good seed type bread. Ezekiel bread is sprouted, so you could try different brands of sprouted bread. I suggest freezing the Trader Joe's sprouted multigrain bread, because it lasts a lot longer that way. Fortunately, the pieces of bread don't stick together, and it's easy to take out a couple slices, and defrost at power level 1 to 3 in the microwave for 60-90 seconds, and then use for whatever you want. It makes awesome tuna sandwiches, or grilled sandwiches, and I even really like it just as much as pumpernickel bread for Avocado + Hummus toast. I hope this helped!
  • ppmintpatty
    ppmintpatty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I rejoiced the day I tried Dave's Killer Bread. Finally! A really good bread! His thin sliced, organic Good Seed bread is only 70 calories and tastes great! I always go open face so I only use one slice. The down side is that it is expensive, on sale for $3.99, regularly $5.99 at Publix. Lots of slices and keeps great in the fridge or freezer.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Essene bread (sprouted wheat berry) is fun and easy to make but it comes out more like a pumpkin bread than sandwich bread. The simplest recipe just has the sprouted wheat pureed in a food processor and baked on a pizza stone. I like to add nuts and raisins. It is good and healthy, but not low calorie and very high carb. There are also recipes that make it into more of a bread using flour and yeast, but the original just has the sprouts. I also like Dave's and Milton's is pretty good too for lots of fiber, some protein, and low calorie. Costco has pretty good prices.
  • nana4sons
    nana4sons Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Publix carries it, it can be found in the freezer section where they stock all the other stuff like that.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I rejoiced the day I tried Dave's Killer Bread. Finally! A really good bread! His thin sliced, organic Good Seed bread is only 70 calories and tastes great! I always go open face so I only use one slice. The down side is that it is expensive, on sale for $3.99, regularly $5.99 at Publix. Lots of slices and keeps great in the fridge or freezer.

I agree totally and yes it is expensive!
    Some time ago 99 cent store had them and it shocked me! Bought and froze every loaf they had!