Women and Strength Training

Options
2»

Replies

• harmsllc
    Options
    In my opinion, there is nothing more attractive than toned arms on a woman. It makes them look fit and healthy and takes years off their age. By combining push ups and women using the Push Up Bench, its the most effective, easy and fastest way to toned arms. Google "Push Up Bench and check it out!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    My idol (or inspiration) is Ernestine Shepherd). She's a 73 year old body builder/fitness trainer and she looks amazing. It is my desire that when I am her age I'm still in the fitness lifestyle.

Damn! I have a new idol!

Ernestine-Shepherd_1.jpg

http://ernestineshepherd.net/?p=4
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's tempting to say that women will not bulk up. As a trainer, I used to tell people that....But some, do, and they know it. There are different body types.

I've seen people say this, and I don't doubt your experience, but I wish I could see some photographs of women who have bulked up or something because maybe it's just that my definition of "bulking up" is different from theirs.

I have seen pictures of extremely bulky looking women along the lines of Arnold. I'm sure they are the few. Isn't that due to some kind of steroid use or something along those lines as well? Even in women? I'm ignorant about the topic but would like to know the answer.

Those women try to get that way with gainers, teststrone boosting and all sort of other stuff. Its purposeful. You, normal people, aren't going to get like that unless you try really hard too.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    They both look amazing!

I also LOVE Erin Stern! She is a real inspiration to me!

erinstern1.jpg

nabb_2.jpg

Who doesn't love Erin Stern! :-)
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My idol (or inspiration) is Ernestine Shepherd). She's a 73 year old body builder/fitness trainer and she looks amazing. It is my desire that when I am her age I'm still in the fitness lifestyle.

Damn! I have a new idol!

Lol! Yeah! Me too! She looks fantastic. I can only hope that I am still going strong and healthy at that age.