SAHM—Activity Level?

Options
Hey guys,

New here and not sure what my activity level is. I am a stay-at-home mom of 3 kids (6, 4, 1). I am carrying around my youngest and on my feet a fair amount but I don’t know... thoughts?

And on that note, I’m not sure if I factor in my daily 45ish min DVD workouts. I’m assuming no, since in theory I get extra calories each day I work out.

Basically I’m confused lol!

Replies

• chispaza
    chispaza Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Don't factor in your exercise.
    I'm also a stay at home mom and I have mine set to lightly active but my kids are older and I'm not chasing them around like I used to but I'm still up and moving a lot cleaning the house, etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just pick one and go with it...adjust as per your actual results.

No, you don't include exercise with MFP...you account for that activity after the fact when you log it and get additional calories. Although many people who are pretty consistent just roll their exercise into their activity level...you can do it either way, but if you include it then you wouldn't log it or eat back calories because you would be starting with a higher base calorie goal.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you are "on your feet a fair bit" then that rules out sedentary (meaning mostly seated) - suggest you go for lightly active.
    Purposeful exercise is logged separately and has no connection to your activity setting.

Do remember that the rate of weight loss you select has a huge impact on your base calorie setting - choose appropriately taking into account how much weight you have to lose and making your calorie allowance sustainable.
  • hooperuk
    hooperuk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im a stay at home mum to 3 children (6,5 and 16 months) and I set mine to lightly active. I do the school walk (its about 15mins and 0.8miles away so it gets me moving. My toddler keeps me on my toes too so you are not sedentary!
  • fitsarahxoxoxo
    fitsarahxoxoxo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I'm going with lightly active which has me net 1460 and I plan to eat the 200 or so I'll burn each day. We'll see how it goes. :)