5'4 SW 155 lbs & GW 130 lbs. Is this doable in 3 months? Any stories to share?

Options

Replies

• ehyde6
    ehyde6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi There! This post intrigued me because I started around 155 (technically I was 158.6) and my goal is 130 (as of today I hit new middle digit at 139.8!). I agree with the first two replies - going from 158.6 to 150 took me about 6 weeks, in January-February, and I was rather strict. Then I just was more relaxed with my diet/exercise and got down to about 147 in May and maintained that throughout the summer. In August, I went on vacation, and came back 150. I started my diet & exercise routine again on September 5, and have been on the strict side. Like I said, today (November 2), I arrived at 139.8. Long story short, it's been 2 months now and I'm down 10.2 lbs. I'd say I've been busting my butt to lose weight, but trying to not deprive myself. Hope this is helpful!
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I'd say it's completely dependent on your body and the effort you put in. However, remember the closer you get to goal weight, the slower it will be.

I'm 5'3" and started working out 5x a week on 6/23 starting at 170.6 lbs. Unhappy with my results, I started a low carb diet on 8/9 at 167.8 lbs, and pretty much cut out eating starches every day. I hit 144.2 lbs on 10/18. My goal weight is 135, but for the last three weeks, I've hovered at 144, so I know it's going to be a lot slower now. I don't plan to change my diet or work outs, but just to continue and trust the process.

Hope this helps!
  • BritneyBakesBest
    BritneyBakesBest Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'4 my sw 205 lbs cw 187.6lbs gw 130 lbs as well. I have longer to go but I am supportive feel free to add me. I agree and am inspired by Dramaqueen45
  • gainer39911
    gainer39911 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    To lose 25 lb in three months would require a calorie deficit of almost 1000 per day. Given your height and weight, your BMR is around 1400-1500 calories. That means you would have to limit yourself to 400-500 calories a day (net of exercise). The generally recommended minimum calorie intake is 1200/day.
  • JayneNoor
    JayneNoor Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I would say a goal like that is unrealistic and unhealthy. There might be some unexpected negative effects too. Loose skin is more likely with rapid weight loss. Also, something that not many people talk about is the increased risk of gallstones with very low fat diets. I suffered from the latter and vouch for how that can send your weight loss journey off course.

My strong advice would be to go at it in a steady, quietly determined way at 1-2lbs per week. Let's face it, it took us a long time to get this heavy so it is going to take a while to put things right. The journey, too, is filled with self-discovery about how strong and determined we can be, but how we are deserving of self-love, understanding and kindness too. Being a fair way along the road now, I am starting to enjoy the travelling as much as the prospect of the destination.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

25 lbs in 3 months or 12 weeks. This is over 2 lbs a week. You are not that overweight. 1lb max a week goal or ever 0.5 would be more reasonable.
    Also this is a super hard time of year to lose weight with all the holiday parties and events. Go for 5 to 10lbs in 3 months.
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    As three months is just under 13 weeks 15lb or 6 kilograms can easily be lost in that time. My calorie limit is a kilogram a week so a pound shouldn't be out of question. However that relies on your habits.